Echolink Saves a life

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC8YCZ, Dec 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. N7YA

N7YA Ham Member QRZ Page

Well, a lot of techs have reached the pinnacle that they set out to reach...many are into working tropo ducting, the birds, E skip, EME, laser, etc....or are quite content to just sit on the repeater everyday. many others couldnt care less about HF...whether you and I love it or not....thats not up to you and I. they have reached the privileges they were after, and its on the FCC to determine the test methods used to get them the ticket so that is also out of our hands..
    And maybe the tiger doesnt like steak. im sure there are many who fit the description you made, procrastination....but if they want it, they will go get it...not our problem, really. the system is timeless, if they DO want it, and are not willing to work for it, then they can sit back and watch the rest of us who earned the upgrade. but you know that everyone is different and it takes all kinds. to each his own.

I think the majority of echolink folks will do HF only when they want to, they may not want to at all...im in no hurry to try echolink, so i guess i can see their point. Im an HF CW guy all the way...but unfortunately i only have space and funding for echolink...go figure.

....anyway, a ham helped save another hams life with some mode im not all that familiar with, good for them. I think thats what we were initially talking about anyway?? i forgot.

2. KA2SEY

KA2SEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Regarding all the remarks about echolink. Well guys and gals, only amatuer radio have privilege to this Voip technology ...so in the spirit of amatuer radio. Let's just say it is ... and these hams did a wonderful job. We need all the plugs we can get, despite not using a radio as hardware, with and an antenna! 73 - HPPY NW YR, see ya on HF - CW!

3. K8AND

K8AND Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow,
    It was so great to hear this news. It just goes to show that when all else fails Amatuer Radio is there and no matter what mode it may be there is ALWAYS the potential of saving a life through usage of amateur radio. This story is obviously reflective of the best aspect of amateur radio is the fact that it CAN and DOES save lives!!!!!!

73 and thanks for this wonderful story! Andy K8AND

4. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

You can save a life using a dried out stick. The point is that it is the person, and not the tool used that makes the difference.

5. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

You can save a life using a dried out stick. The point is that it is the person, and not the tool used that makes the difference.[/QUOTE]
    No; the point is that ham communication pulled this OM through.

A GLOBAL GROUP OF FREINDS: G-E-T I-T?

KH2D is being overly hard on this issue, but he has at least one valid point-- hams on the air tend to be a very freindly and supportive bunch. To some degree that also happens in these internet discussions, but not nearly as much.

Try to keep it friendly.

Chip N1IR

6. G8SEQ

G8SEQ Ham Member QRZ Page

The equivalent of "911" in Britain is "999". If Jim, G4WDI was at his computer then he may not have been able to reach the 'phone in his condition. de John G8SEQ

7. K2WH

K2WH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Just the kind of answer I expected.

K2WH

8. K5CO

K5CO Ham Member QRZ Page

How many hams does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Bob's answer makes total sense. And that is what I expected, too.

10. N7YA

N7YA Ham Member QRZ Page

I suspect that if Jim were at his computer reading all this crap he would just as soon take up gardening instead.

I wonder if fellow gardeners belittle eachother over the types of tools used in the garden, then point fingers when a new type of spade comes along and then attack the new gardeners using it for being "yuts"

This thread is doing little more now than serving as a car accident we cant turn away from for most of us, and a major league ego-stroke for a select few.

This thread is a big dud.

...I think i need to start a website where hams can argue and put eachother down all day and night....then sell ads on the side that pay me everytime someone clicks on the page...im in the wrong business.

N7YA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.