ad: UR5CDX-1

Echolink -L question

Discussion in 'Echolink/IRLP Tech Board' started by SV2EVS, Feb 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. SV2EVS

SV2EVS Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi everyone,

While working/talking on a computer with 2 different sound cards (one is usb) and while the echolink node was connected, the computer just switched sound cards (in-out)...and echolink stopped working.

Any suggestions ?

p.s i was talking using the -L remotely, i am not the owner of the node.

Computer was not doing any other task

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  2. AG6EM

AG6EM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If your computer disconnects then re-connects a sound device for any reason EchoLink may switch to another device. With Windows 10 I found that if I turn off or unplug my external speakers Windows will disable that device and switch to another device. When it is plugged back in after a delay I have to manually change things back. Also it's possible that the USB connected device disconnected then re-connected causing this behavior. My Icom radio has a USB interface which presents itself to Windows as a sound card in addition to a serial device. I get different devices selected in EchoLink depending on whether my Icom is turned on or off when I start EchoLink. Also, EchoLink tends to misidentify sound devices when more than 1 exists. See the known problems on the EchoLink site for more on this. They don't seem to be to anxious to fix this bug but it does create a lot of frustration for users.

SV2EVS likes this.
  3. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Try setting devices as system default, Then tell Windows what default is.

upload_2018-2-9_17-39-18.png

The Echolink Window has to be the "Active Window" to work properly.

4. SV2EVS

The cables are hooked using tire ups to stay in...it might happened to disconect, but the Sysop says they are ok.

5. SV2EVS

Sysop does not want to use one signle sound card, because the sounds should tx on air...so he uses 2 sound cards as i said before.

6. KA9JLM

Do you mean 1 for in and 1 for out.

Or 2 cards using the same audio ?

7. SV2EVS

Sysop of the node uses 2, 1 for in and 1 for out so that he can also play sound to his speakers.

8. KA9JLM

Take audio out from #1 and feed it into audio in #2

Have Fun.