ad: wmr-1

echolink for Windows 10.

Discussion in 'Echolink/IRLP Tech Board' started by KK4ASA, Jan 3, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: l-BCInc
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KK4ASA

KK4ASA Ham Member QRZ Page

I would like to install Echolink for Windows 10. First, are there any known compatibility issues? Second, I have an older with Echolink already installed, and it works well. Would I have to provide a another copy of my license for a new installation?

Jesse,
    KK4ASA

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

You should not have problems. But 10 can be unpredictable.

Just make sure the UDP ports that Echolink uses are open.

You do not need to provide a another copy of your license. Just use the same password that you have on your other machine.

Have Fun.

3. AG6EM

AG6EM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've been running on Windows 10 for some time with no problem. The only issue I've had is a known bug in EchoLink which affects most Windows versions. If you have more than one speaker and/or microphone device they are likely mislabeled in EchoLink and you may have to select the wrong device to get the one you want. Also, if you add or remove a sound device your selections might need to change in EchoLink. In my case I have to use different sound device selections in EchoLink based on whether or not my Icom IC-7600 is on or off. The Icom has a USB interface that appears as a Windows sound device when it is on.

4. KK4ASA

KK4ASA Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the advice.

5. KF4VGX

KF4VGX Ham Member QRZ Page

latest version works fine

6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Is there a new version ?

If so, When was it released ?

I must have missed out.

7. KD8DVR

KD8DVR Ham Member QRZ Page

No new versions of Echolink for years.

8. VK1FGYL

VK1FGYL Ham Member QRZ Page

If you like Echolink as I do and if you like Windows 10 Professional 64 bits as I do on the latest and most powerful i7 computer I suggest you wait until the long time promised new version of Echolink for Windows 10 is released. You will run into several nasty difficulties as it is possible that the outdated Echolink software interferes with drivers. Mind you, the highest level of the distributed Echolink software is XP and Vista. The only useful and excellent software is the Android app version that is faultless and easy to use the rest is rather outdated and not up to modern computer standards. It is time that the software is fully overworked and renewed.

9. VK1FGYL

Mind you, the highest level of the distributed Echolink software is XP and Vista. The only useful and excellent software is the Android app version that is faultless and easy to use the rest is rather outdated and not up to modern computer standards. It is the time that the software is fully overworked and renewed.

10. VK1FGYL

If you like Echolink as I do and if you like Windows 10 Professional 64 bits as I do on the latest and most powerful i7 computer I suggest you wait until the long time promised new version of Echolink for Windows 10 is released. You will run into several nasty difficulties as it is possible that the outdated Echolink software interferes with drivers. Mind you, the highest level of the distributed Echolink software is XP and Vista. The only useful and excellent software is the Android app version that is faultless and easy to use the rest is rather outdated and not up to modern computer standards. It is time that the software is fully overworked and renewed.