Echolink for Android when ???

Discussion in 'Echolink/IRLP Tech Board' started by DL1BD, Jun 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. N0RC

N0RC Ham Member QRZ Page

The latest update is a HUGE improvement on my Samsung Captivate (Galaxy S). It took the app from a proof of concept that kinda worked to a fully usable and useful application!

The TX audio no longer cuts out. Also, I can run the application with out shutting off every application on my phone. Thank you.

I do have a question, how does the app handle receiving a phone call when QSO, RX and TX?

2. KC0ZYI

KC0ZYI Ham Member QRZ Page

g1 os 1.6

yep i'm still trying to figureout echolink. cant get past connecting to echotest. contection failed. any ideas?

3. BH1IEO

BH1IEO Ham Member QRZ Page

Echolink App Good job and thank you!

4. KC0FTC

KC0FTC Ham Member QRZ Page

I just downloaded Echolink for my HTC Desire with the Android OS. WOW, never knew they had it for phones, how crazy is that? Just talked to GM0KWL from Scotland, hehehe. Its so easy to use too. I can't seem to get it to work on my home computer. But who needs that when you can have mobile Echolink? Pretty cool.

5. W0ZL

W0ZL Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm searching the Android Market and can't find Echolink. I have a HTC Hero. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Chris

6. K1RFD

K1RFD Ham Member QRZ Page

It probably means that your Hero is running Android 1.5. EchoLink requires Android 1.6 or above. Check with your carrier to see if an upgrade to 1.6 is available.

7. W0ZL

W0ZL Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep that was it. Took some clicking around but I'm updated to 2.2 now. Thanks.

Chris.

8. HB3YRB

HB3YRB Ham Member QRZ Page

Echolink for Symbian when ???

Does Hello exist a version for the symbian system? And when goes t she(it) Ready.

9. G4JKQ

G4JKQ Ham Member QRZ Page

echolink sound via headphone socket

I have htc wildfire and find via the speaker sound a bit low, I plug in the headphones supplied but no sound when using echolink via this ? is this my phone or does everyone have this issue.

10. 2E0VDS

2E0VDS Ham Member QRZ Page

I have a HTC Legend phone (android apps).

if you go to 'Market' icon. This will take you into Android Market where you can download apps.

In the search engine type in 'Echolink' and the link comes up.

If you already reg with Echolink enter the password and bingo your in.

It works and works well

Cheers
    Charlie
    2E0VDS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.