ad: elecraft

Echolink for Android when ???

Discussion in 'Echolink/IRLP Tech Board' started by DL1BD, Jun 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. W3ODD

W3ODD Ham Member QRZ Page

ooooooooooo

I gotta check this out.....

I'm running an HTC touch pro with a dual boot of WM 6.5 and a driod release that was "hacked" to run on the TPs... (and boat anchor gear.go figure)

I'll check it out right now........well after i boot into droid..

w3odd

2. KD8JDC

KD8JDC Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you K1RFD

EL App is working great. Good job and thank you!

3. N0RC

N0RC Ham Member QRZ Page

First of all, thank you to the development team for your hard work! This is very appreciated.

I am running Echolink on a Samsung Captivate (AT&T's flavor of the Galaxy S). I have not had a problem with volume except when I got to make a phone call right after I use EL.

I have also experienced the choppy audio on transmit. I don't think it's the 3G connection because this happens with bith WIFI and 3G. The solution I found to this is I have to close out any program that I do not absolutely need, including Gmail and other auto updating programs, through the memory manager. After I do that it seems to work fine. I think EL is either taking up lots of memory or needs to be a higher priority while in TX.

Another issue I noticed is there is no way to fully "Quit" EL unless you close it though task manager or memory manager. If you don't do this you stay connected to the EL server and the program is still running even if it's not the front screen. I like that I can still listen and stay connected to EL while doing other things on my phone, but I would like an option to completely close the program when done, much like the Scanner Radio app.

Is there a place to officially submit bugs/improvement requests?

4. HS1WFK

HS1WFK Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for sharing, my first test yesterday was in bangkok, and today in hong kong with hutch 3g network. The choppy tx audio still remain, even after rebooted. I still have no idea why the volume control in my ss galaxy s is not working with echolink, but I am too excite to feel this as a problem, just use my finger to cover the speaker when feel the audio loud :)

5. N0RC

N0RC Ham Member QRZ Page

I would get the memory manager app and use it to close programs that you're not using and may not be important. You may have several things running in the background.

6. HS1WFK

Pretty sure that nothing but the core component that are in the background (restarted, pulled battery), still got the same result. Either 3G (3 in HK) and WiFi. Anyhow, thanks for your suggestions. At least I still can listen now. I will try the app killer again once finish the works here.

7. KJ4WMQ

KJ4WMQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm having some horrible RX problems, but I'm going to start a new thread about it now...

8. HS1WFK

After return from HKG on Saturday, I was able to compare between Echolink on iPod and Android (Samsung GS A2.1) on the way drove to the east of Thailand. I use GMS/EDGE instead of 3G which the limited coverage and found that the same choppy TX still remain on Android (again, the RX was fine). Then I turned to iPod by switched the Samsung GS into mobile access point and for the iPod connection. This time everything worked perfectly. I drove on the highway and qso with the nodes for hours. I am pretty sure that it should be some issues with my Samsung GS in handling echolink. Anyway, even the problem still remain, but I am glade that the Android app has released. At least I was listen when I travel. .... thanks and much appreciate the effort that put into echolink project. /73 HS1WFK

9. K1RFD

K1RFD Ham Member QRZ Page

Choppy TX Audio

When you are using the GS and experiencing the choppy TX audio, are you using Direct, Relay, or Proxy mode? Or does it happen in all modes?

10. KJ4WMQ

KJ4WMQ Ham Member QRZ Page

could you please have a look at my issue too please? I'm having problems with a custom ROM, I posted about it on another thread

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.