EchoLink and AT&T Fixed wireless internet service

Discussion in 'Echolink/IRLP Tech Board' started by AI5BL, Aug 19, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. AI5BL

AI5BL XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have ATT fixed wireless internet. They have port forwarding locked in the their router/modems and claim that it is not available for fixed wireless customers due to security risks associated to their cellular network. Does anyone know of a work around for this. When operating sysop I can connect to the echolink service but no one can connect to my node. Any help would be appreciated.

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

A proxy server is your best bet.

I guess you are saying the UDP port 5198,5199 test fails ?

Good Luck.

3. AI5BL

Yes the test fails... AT&T has removed the options from the firmware not allowing port forwarding on the fixed wireless systems. Can I use a public proxy in sysop mode?

4. AI5BL

looks like the proxy has sufficed for now

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes But... Many Public ones have a time limit.

You can setup your own. You need a remote server that can run the Java Echolink Proxy JAR file.

Or find a good Public one that works, Contact the owner and see if they will remove the time limit for you.

ATT has all kinds of excuses to charge you more money for their service. They don't want people streaming video for free and slowing down their over subscribed networks.

Have Fun.

6. KB0MNM

KB0MNM Ham Member QRZ Page

The business section of my AT & T internet ( as in pay the bill ) told me that I needed to update authentication. After looking at Google and OAuth, I opted for an Office 2016 Pro suite to obtain Outlook. They also needed a 'Secure ID'. With the proper setup of Outlook re: POP, IMAP and a 'Secure ID', I have access to my e-mail account. No, I am not at Comcast anymore. It was unavailable in the area that I moved to, thus the switch. If you need more details, send me mail at jkliv01@att.net.