ad: vanity

Echoham won't connect to server

Discussion in 'Mac Ham Radio on macOS & iOS' started by WB6ZYY, Dec 24, 2021.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-BCInc
  1. WB6ZYY

WB6ZYY Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi All,
    I am wondering where to find troubleshooting information. I just installed Echoham on my Mac and cannot get it to connect to the server. Help!
    Thank you.

2. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Checkout how to open ports for your ISP.

Or you can use a public proxy server.

3. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

It's not just you--I couldn't connect, either. I'll play with it again later and will post here with a tweak if I'm successful.

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Some people have to use a proxy server, I had to.

I setup a proxy server in the cloud to get around my ISP (Tmobile) NAT protocol.

A public server can work fine, But many have a time, share limit. They are good for testing.

WF7A likes this.
  5. WB6ZYY

Thank you so much! Glad to know it is not just me! This may motivate me to ditch my MAC when I need my next upgrade :(

6. N1IG

N1IG Ham Member QRZ Page

which version are you using?

I had issues with pervious versions, but the latest on the App Store worked for me.

I just double checked using v 2.14, and it is connecting without any issues. And I do not have to use a proxy server.

Anthony - N1IG

7. WB6ZYY

Thank you, I did a hard reboot on my laptop and then echoham started working, thankfully. What about the programming software? Does chirp work on a mac?

8. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry for getting back late on this--I finally connected. It was a one-two punch with me: I set it to "Use Public Proxy," instead of Direct Connect, and *blush* I miss-typed my password to EchoLink.

I have to go work on the transmission of my car this afternoon, so I'll try connecting later around 2100Z if anybody's interested.

9. N1IG

N1IG Ham Member QRZ Page

10. WF7A

WF7A Subscriber QRZ Page

I installed EchoLink on my iPad (running ios 15.2) and was wondering if anybody knows a trick to increasing the microphone level--as far as I could see and find online, there isn't a native iOS adjustment...unless I'm missing something.