EchoHam Won’t Connect

Discussion in 'Mac Ham Radio on macOS & iOS' started by KD2UHF, Mar 16, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KD2UHF

KD2UHF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hello I have been having problems with echoham. Me and my two other sibling use echoham a lot but for some reason it seems that our echoham apps are connected. We are on different devices but if one of us is connected to a node no one else will be able to connect up. We are all under different call sign’s that have all been registered. Does anyone know a way to fix this.

Thanks
    KD2UHF

2. N1JMC

N1JMC Ham Member QRZ Page

does it work on iOS version?

3. KD2UHF

yes it will work if one of us is on echo ham and one of us is on the iOS version but if two of us are on echo ham it won't work

4. N1JMC

N1JMC Ham Member QRZ Page

try to avoid your router, and connect laptop to phone hotspot... have sibling do the same... UPnP and other settings on router can be a tough nut. Also disable any firewall including the MacOS built in firewall under security and Privacy settings... THEN give it a shot. I'll bet it works. Then you can put firewall back on and test... then back on router and test... this should isolate the problem. Of course this assumes you have the call sign registered and the correct password on EchoHam (it is not good at reporting failed log it).

5. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

As far as I know, If your ISP uses NAT and all of you are using the same Virtual IP address, You could have connectivity problems.

Basically, You can not connect to yourself.

That may not be your problem, But it could be.

Good Luck.

6. KD2UHF

Ok thanks guys I will try those suggestions!