ad: M2Ant-1

eBay Hacked

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by N6OIL, May 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Password Changed..............................................................................

2. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I wish I could make my password

Question.jpg

No one would be able to type it in.

Attached Files:

3. KC9UDX

I must be suspected of being a hacker! I have attachments pending approval!!!??

4. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Do expect to receive a visit form Home Land Security.
    Or you could be renditioned off to some hell hole in eastern Europe for enhanced interrogation.

5. AJ1Z

AJ1Z Ham Member QRZ Page

The loss of face and the damage to their reputation will hurt them a lot more than even a significant fine could.

What was not disclosed was if this was due to an exploit of a previously-unknown flaw in an application, a flaw in their standards and procedures, or a failure to follow procedure. IMO any regulatory response should be based upon the root cause behind the breach. As an example I saw a couple of articles discussing Target's compromise claiming that their internal monitoring systems detected and alerted to a possible breach but there was a failure to follow procedure in response to the alerts.

Why do you say that Facebook can't be hacked?

6. WW7F

WW7F Guest

Wondering how long that will take to get down to searches before getting on a city bus or light rail train?
    Or random searches while just walking down the street because a person made the mistake of making eye contact with a cop as he walked down the street.
    I know this will maybe filter down to the young folks I have seen who live on the streets, when I was at the hospital day after day for several months visitng my father a number of them would ride the bus there and recharge thier phone or laptop and use the hospital's WIFI system which is free to use by anyone.
    We all know those kids are likely spies or harboring illegal stuff on thier devices;P
    And of course if you were part of the homeless movement a year or two ago then you definitely are suspect eh?:) I say that with a bit of sarcasm Sue not at your words but because I agree with them.
    anyhow, 73, Michelle

7. ER1UVL

ER1UVL Ham Member QRZ Page

Nothing surprising here. The larger the company, the more enemies is making itself.

8. NY4Q

NY4Q Ham Member QRZ Page

9. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

lol

Yes, lets just enter the passwords that we use on a third party site.

Do they ask your user name, or get that from your cookies ?

Sites like that crack be up.

If you can not create your own secure password, without being Paranoid, You may be better off not getting on the Internet.

10. KB1NXE

KB1NXE Ham Member QRZ Page

Passwords are real easy. I12naForTheRestOfMyLife (I won tuna for the rest of my life) would take a septillion years to crack according to the above posted site.

Nonsensical? Yes. Easy to remember? Yes. Secure? Certainly.

No, I do not use that password.

11. KC9UDX

If everyone has a password like that, a single character password would be the most secure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.