eBay Hacked

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by N6OIL, May 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Drowssap much more secure ;)

2. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

When is the world going to learn that we can't afford all these hackers and virus writers and do something about it? Find them and shoot them on sight. Maybe send a message that hackers are not wanted?

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

3. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Let's declare a War on Hackers and spend a bunch of money on it.

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

Give them a job being White Hat Hackers.

5. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

First we have to raise taxes to cover the cost...
    Next we have to make sure every computer owner is treated as a suspected hacker.
    (nothing new here)
    Then we must put listening devices ether in the form of firmware located in such items as Ethernet and WiFi chips or have the major operating system makers provide back doors for us in order that we can collected data to make sure none of those potential cyber criminals are planning or thinking about planning to hack.
    (We all should be use to pre-crime by now)
    Then we should have checkpoints at schools, colleges, bus, train, ship, and airline terminals so we can search for the tools of hacking.

6. AF6LJ

Password Changed..............................................................................

7. KC9UDX

I wish I could make my password

Question.jpg

No one would be able to type it in.

Attached Files:

8. KC9UDX

I must be suspected of being a hacker! I have attachments pending approval!!!??

9. AF6LJ

Do expect to receive a visit form Home Land Security.
    Or you could be renditioned off to some hell hole in eastern Europe for enhanced interrogation.

10. AJ1Z

AJ1Z Ham Member QRZ Page

The loss of face and the damage to their reputation will hurt them a lot more than even a significant fine could.

What was not disclosed was if this was due to an exploit of a previously-unknown flaw in an application, a flaw in their standards and procedures, or a failure to follow procedure. IMO any regulatory response should be based upon the root cause behind the breach. As an example I saw a couple of articles discussing Target's compromise claiming that their internal monitoring systems detected and alerted to a possible breach but there was a failure to follow procedure in response to the alerts.

Why do you say that Facebook can't be hacked?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.