ad: UR5CDX-1

Ebay end auction early scam

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by W2NER, Dec 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. W2NER

W2NER Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have been on ebay from the time they started so, I'm NO newbie... Charging a seller like me who has done $170,000 in sales in the past 1o years is a RIP off. I already reported this to BBB because the sale was not completed due to the item getting damaged during the auction. So who ever thinks that was bad on my part to end an auction due to this and also thinks ebay is in the right for charging me, your nuts!

2. WB0MPB

WB0MPB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't think EBay works on sales volume but I could be wrong. And yes if you signed a contract with me to provide you a service to sell your item and I provide you my time and web site for you and you take the item off early I still would expect to get paid. Just call me nuts!!
    And by the way you are not the first to call me nuts. Name calling is what my grandchildren do!!!

3. W2NER

W2NER Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

It has absolutely nothing to do with selling, it has to do with being honest. Why in gods name would I sell something on ebay stating its in perfect condition when it was dropped and now it a paper weight. Pulling it off ebay is the right thing to do and to be penalized for that is not good business.

4. WB0MPB

Like you said "I am nuts" EBay will miss you greatly!!!!:rolleyes:
    John WB0MPB

5. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You may be honest, but other sellers are not. They use false excuses to cancel an auction in order to make back door deals which cut Ebay out of the process and cheat them of their fee.

If you were eBay how would you prevent this?

BTW, fees for brick and mortar auction houses run 5-25%. Is eBay's fee so unreasonable?

WB5THT, K7JEM, AI6KX and 1 other person like this.
  6. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

What is wrong about using QRZ to sell your stuff ?

There is no fee, But a donation to QRZ should be made, If you sell something.

7. WB0MPB

Not a thing wrong with that. Can I sell antique dishes, toys and baseball cards on QRZ?

8. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Emeritus Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, you can! Just post such non-radio items in the General Merchandise forum.

9. WB0MPB

Will it reach people all over the world like EBay or just mainly hams???:rolleyes:

10. KN7S

KN7S Swapmeet Moderator Emeritus Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Most likely not. Let's keep the fact that this primarily a Ham Radio Web site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.