Easy in and out mobile setup?

Discussion in 'On the Road' started by KE9RJM, Jul 21, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-gcopper
ad: K3QNTad-1
ad: L-rfparts
ad: Subscribe
  1. KE9RJM

KE9RJM Ham Member QRZ Page

I have seen a photo somewhere of a mobile radio and power supply that had the 2 units "locked" together and had a handle on top for easy portability. I want to be able to use the same unit at home as a base station but be able to quickly drop it in the van , hook up a mag mount antenna and be "on the road"

Is anyone aware of such a rig? I suspect it might have been home brewed but thought I 'd ask...Thanks,

Bob McCann
    O'Fallon, MO
    KE9RJM

2. K0PIR

K0PIR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

3. KG5IVL

KG5IVL Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is what I made using some luan and straps. It fits in the box for transport and then hangs by the cords on the wall behind the drivers seat. I use the remote head to operate the radio while camping. Not elegant but it works.

Attached Files:

K0PIR likes this.
  4. AL4Y

AL4Y Ham Member QRZ Page

K0PIR likes this.
  5. HB9VQQ

HB9VQQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I have built my own GoKit for exactly that purpose. I am using the same Box at home as my base station. I just need to unplug two cables. One is the Coax cable, the other one is the power cable and off you go.
    Pictures on my qrz page.

73's
    Roland

6. W0FM

W0FM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Bob, You may be thinking about something like this Samlex [​IMG]

73, Terry, WØFM

7. W0FM

W0FM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Samlex - SEC-1223-MT-XPR5000 where the last digits are for a specific radio model. I have put drawer-pull handles on the top. Piece of cake.

Terry, WØFM