ad: portazero-1

Easy Digi imposter

Discussion in 'Stolen Radios, Scams and Rip-Offs' started by N5CEY, Jun 1, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: Subscribe
  1. N5CEY

N5CEY Ham Member QRZ Page

We began the Easy Digi™ interface program in August of 2011 here on the Zed and it has been very successful.
    Now it appears that an imposter is using the Easy Digi ™ name to copy my products and sell them under the Easy Digi™ name.
    I don't really care that this guy is selling a similar type interface but I do take issue with him using the Easy Digi™ name.
    His eBay name is practical.purchase.
    I will not support his products in any way and will not be responsible for any problems or questions created by his products.

Mods: if this is posted in the wrong thread please relocate it to where you feel is appropriate.

Best regards,

Clifford N5CEY

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    KB4QAA likes this.
  2. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

Is the seller based in China?

3. KF5FEI

KF5FEI Ham Member QRZ Page

4. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

File a complaint with Ebay.

5. N5CEY

N5CEY Ham Member QRZ Page

Seller is in Florida

6. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks for the info on the FL seller.

7. KF5INZ

KF5INZ Ham Member QRZ Page

eBay Complaint has been made already regarding seller in Florida earlier this evening.

To all that have supported the Easy Digi™ line from the start back in 2011, I just wanted to say thanks for helping support our(myself and N5CEY) Ham Radio time, and I hope that our interfaces have made digital life on the air a little bit easier.

-KF5INZ

8. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I have used and recommend your interface boards. They are great, The price is right.

To bad that they used your trademark. Do the quotes "" make a difference ?

You need to one up them and add gain controls. See if they copy it.

Keep up the good work.

9. KG4RUL

KG4RUL Ham Member QRZ Page

Description from the eBay site:

"This is what some refer to as an Easy Digi board, but take a closer look, it is improved a great deal over other boards of this type. It measures .96" wide by 2.46 inches long. Ideal for fitting into project cases along other boards. If you need help in connecting this board, send me a note, and I will do my best to help. I use the board between Raspberry pi and a sound board, and a Kenwood TM-281, that system runs DireWolf as a Digipeater and iGate. I picture with a quarter is to show how small it really is. It was made to help fitting it into a case along with the other boards. "

His description is skirting along the lines of trademark infringement but may, if legally challenged, stand up as valid.