ad: QuirkyQRP-1

Earthlings and astronauts chat away, via ham radio

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K2CAJ, Dec 24, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. HB9FEK

HB9FEK Ham Member QRZ Page

2. AA5H

AA5H Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

ISS SPOTTED FROM EARTH OBSERVATORY --- R2DT

[​IMG]

3. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Have any of the "Boys" out here had the luck of actually working thru ISS's REPEATER? And if SO what was your BEST LONG-HAUL QSO??? I've heard it (their) repeater but so far haven't been able to establish a "TWO-WAY", BUT WE WILL CONTINUE IN OUR QUEST to do SO!!!

Jim-ee

4. N9LYA

N9LYA Ham Member QRZ Page

That has been going on all throughout the Shuttle program. Nothing new happening here.

5. N6SPP

N6SPP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Jim + All.. Let's not forget about "SuitSat-1" (+ later SuitSat2).. Images and voice recordings from an orbiting Soviet space suit on 145MHz circa 2006- complete with 'helmet ground plane antenna'. Initial output power was expected to be a few watts. There was a problem with the system, and the output dropped and remained around 200mW for about six weeks until battery depletion. 73, n6spp-cm98 ScreenHunter 38.jpg ScreenHunter 37.jpg

6. DJ0AJ

DJ0AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

7. VK4KX

VK4KX Ham Member QRZ Page

Imagine if we had a repeater on the Moon when a base is built, like the ISS repeater and I hope the EME QRM isn't too much for it.
    CQ Mars base, CQ Mars base........ it will happen one day.
    I haven't spoken to the space station in years, not since it got so busy with schools and having to make a booking, spoke to the MIR station a couple of times, also the Packet Robot. I miss that.

8. KU4X

KU4X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Most radio amateurs will not have the patience to wait the 8-42 minutes it will take for their CQ to be answered. :mad:

Regards,
    -Bruce

N6SPP likes this.