E4 DXpeditions

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by NZ5F, Jan 25, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

im really wondering about this too. I know there has always been a few that do it but it is becoming such a problem these days that there has to be something else behind it. There is a theory that it's no-coders using software to send/receive CW and just call until they see their call sign decoded. I guess there could be something to that b/c thats how they do it on FT8/4 . . . for anyone with experience, it makes ZERO sense to keep sending your call if he's not calling you. Perhaps it's more difficult to start / stop whatever CW software they're using..

2. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

E44CC has a good signal on 80 cw right now. 3.522 listening up.

3. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

That appears to be exactly the case. Via DX-World:

E44CC Palestine DXpedition –update February 11
    Half of the DXpedition is over, it’s time to make a first review. On the higher bands (except 10 and 12m), conditions are not that bad but don’t behave like the simulations we did. It’s particularly the case for regions like west coast US and South America. On the lower bands, we suffer from high noise level coming from our urban location. More hotel roof and a BOG (Beverage On Ground) in the small hotel garden (picture below). Working 160m in a city environment is a challenge because the noise level is permanently above S9. Our biggest frustration is that we are heard without being able to hear you. Today, we lengthened the BOG again, but we won’t be able to do more.

NZ5F and N4FZ like this.
  4. NZ5F

NZ5F Ham Member QRZ Page

Just worked them on 80m cw. wow. signals are 579 in South Texas.

K8BZ, WF4W, KQ9J and 2 others like this.
  5. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

Congrats on the contact!

NZ5F likes this.
  6. NZ5F

NZ5F Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks! I am still waiting to see it on Clublog though it was super solid QSO no question. It was weird to only work them on 80m Cw after all the time I spent on 40,20,17 trying to actually hear them well enough to work them CW.

7. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

i just managed to get them on 20m CW. They were specifically calling "NA" and stopped several times to announce "NA ONLY" and sending "QSO B4" so seems like EU is causing some problems...

8. NZ5F

NZ5F Ham Member QRZ Page

I am not in the log maybe it was a slim. Back to the pileups. Darn.

9. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

You are in the log. But, if you do a log search on https://secure.clublog.org/charts/?c=e44cc you don't see your "greenies" The text is correct.
    NZ5F has worked E44CC on 1 out of 28 band slots

https://clublog.org/charts/?c=E44CC
    This will show your "greenies."

Congratulations on the 80M CW QSO!

Zak W1VT

NZ5F likes this.
  10. NZ5F

NZ5F Ham Member QRZ Page

No disregard it is in the most recent upload woohoo! 316 DXCC mixed in the bag.