E4 DXpeditions

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by NZ5F, Jan 25, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I seem to recall when E44s first began operating that there was indeed some restriction placed on them working 4X. I think the restriction was by the 4X authorities.

2. E73Y

E73Y Ham Member QRZ Page

Easy to check on Clublog. 35 different 4X station in the E44CC LOG.

upload_2020-2-13_6-4-3.png

73's Boris E73Y

WW2PT likes this.
  3. NZ5F

NZ5F Ham Member QRZ Page

Below ESP levels this morning on 20m. Looks like they are working mostly EU stations on the cluster with a few east coasters.

4. WF4W

WF4W Ham Member QRZ Page

I've given up. Even when they have great signals on CW or FT8, i just cant seem to break through. I got them on 40m CW and was hoping for some band fills but i chased them way too long with no results. They either cannot hear the US very well or they're purposely EU focused.

5. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

So NOT A PRAYER for the West Coast!

6. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I was so tickled to work E44WE on 20 SSB during an absolute MIRACLE openning to SoCal. That was my last ATNO! I can never remember being so THRILLED as with that QSO!

NZ5F likes this.
  7. W1VT

W1VT Ham Member QRZ Page

They have called for NA/USA after hearing someone in the USA.

8. NZ5F

NZ5F Ham Member QRZ Page

Conditions here to South Texas have been poor. I am hearing them ok on 20m CW but not nearly enough. The QSB is brutal.

9. KQ9J

KQ9J Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

They're often fairly strong here, then fade out; the pileup is as undisciplined as pileups come - WHY do stations keep calling even after the DX has answered a specific station - are they brain dead or just jackasses - plus I wonder if the E4 is having trouble hearing, lotsa repeats.

I tried for a while on 20m this morning but no dice. I took a break and worked 4Z5AD on the same band and mode so I must have some signal in that corner of the world, however slight it may be :p

10. N5CM

N5CM Ham Member QRZ Page

That's what I'm thinking. As I said earlier on in this thread, I can usually get at least one contact from a dxpedition but no such luck on this one. I heard them on 20m CW this morning and tried to get it but no luck.