1. LB1UE

LB1UE Ham Member QRZ Page

Imagine a CAT interface with the following options:

- Connects to the internet and sending a QRV status
    - Connected to your tranceiver
    - Connected to your computer

The operator visit an imaginary website:

- www.epileup.com

Within this site, he will be able to see all connected operators available. The system calculates propagation etc.

The operator picks a station, and the CAT interface is signaled. The operator is now queued for this station, and the CAT interface will send an audible message when the station is ready for a QSO.

The operator may follow the pileup on his computer screen, and watching his place in the queue.

The station driving DX, will easilly pick stations from the queue on his side of this comlink.

Besides exchanging the necessary information by SSB, I think the system should send RST data live, so the operators may watch the others meters. This may be done using a small digital protocol beneath the SSB conversation.

Since this system may be built to alow a computer to run digimodes automatically, it should not be alowed to count for awards such as DXCC and Contests.

But it could have it's own awards.

---

The reason I want to encourage such a project is that many amateurs has done so much and they need something new. I hope the community will accept this idea as interesting and that interested amateurs with knowledge of computer technology and printboard design will participate in this project.

---

We may discuss this on QRZ and then decide a name for the project, select participants and start.

---

Thank you in advamce

with Regards
    Filip Poverud

73 de LB1UE

2. KG4RUL

KG4RUL Ham Member QRZ Page

Take it one step further and have the computers complete the QSO for you. Hell, you won't even have to show up to get your WAS or DXCC, etc. Maybe we'll petition the FCC for a new license class "Webnician". What a 'great' idea!

Dennis KG4RUL [​IMG]

3. LB1UE

Yes I thought of that, and that is possible with digimodes, and even by synthesizing voice, although, it would not be any fun, you would get all countries in no time. So if anyone want to add these extras, I don't care.

You have the same with computerized CW QSOs and echolink / eqso ...

The reason that I want this is to prevent the chaos when people abuse dxclusters ...

4. K5GHS

K5GHS Ham Member QRZ Page

Personally I think when I move up to HF I'd like to do it the old way-wait till the OM/YL on the other end picks me up out of the noise, then complete the contact.

5. KC7UP

KC7UP Ham Member QRZ Page

DXCluster---- Now there is a point I think is a bane to dxing. Here you have on screen the calls and frequencies of calls. Some good and some bad calls. Where is the challenge of locating stations when all you have to do is look up?? I do not have dxcluster capacity nor do I want it. I say if I get a call wrong I am at fault .
    Curt

6. KG4RUL

I don't think you are getting my point. I am not suggesting ways to improve your concept. I am pointing out hte tota absurdity of your concept. People out-of-the-loop Amateur Radio operations are a joke. If this is what you are striving for, get a cell phone!

Dennis [​IMG]

7. LB1UE

Hehe, nevermind, you didn't get my point ;)

8. LA7IOA

LA7IOA Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds intersting. Don't mind the oldtimers, younger HAM's would probably want the combination of computer networks and radio amateur rigs. '46 model KG4RUL has probably been a amateur for ages, and is stuck in the romantic view of the old western type of manager of a telegraph office [​IMG]

Taking the hobby longer, combine other types of hobbies into it, thats interesting and fun.

Keep up the good work..!

9. KG4RUL

I was first licensed 02/22/2002 and currently hold a Tech ticket. I am beginning to wonder why any new Ham WOULD want to upgrade if the state-of-the-art is to automate the whole process! Hell, you can have just as much fun making 'contacts' on IM! Saves money on radios and antennas.

Dennis [​IMG]

10. LB1UE

With near 4million licensed around the world, and the new era in technology, I see the necessity of introducing alternatives.

This hobby is not locked to having a 100% functional body. It's for everyone, and what's so great about it ... you can do whatever you want. CW on 160m or digimode on 2,4GHz, whatever suits your needs.

Everything can be abuse even SSB with the new tranceiver recording options and a computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.