ad: Radclub22-1

E-Mail Over HF With ARDOP Winlink

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K0PIR, Mar 16, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. AL7PX

AL7PX Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Eric:
    We needed a RMS gateway and KL7AA club station is not one, as far as I know. The only gateway I know of is KL7EDK in Fairbanks.
    Todd
    AL7PX

N6SPP likes this.
  2. YN1ECF/SK2022

YN1ECF/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

I think is too much for set up, it is no reliable at emergency time, is what i see

W4ECF

3. KG5JPG

KG5JPG Ham Member QRZ Page

having used winlink in the past I miss it, but my Tentec Eagle does not EVER connect. sigh. time to get out the aging 857D and start over

4. N6KZB

N6KZB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This can help you: https://winlink.org/RMSChannels

5. AL7PX

AL7PX Ham Member QRZ Page

6. KE5VXX

KE5VXX Ham Member QRZ Page

For the life of me, I can't get my Icom 7610 to transmit while using winlink. Doesn't matter what TNC I use. None of them will change the radio dial and put the radio in transmit mode. I've read various threads and have tried everything that I've read/can think of. The radio works fine with other software such as HRD, JS8Call, WSJTX, etc.

I've verified all the port settings on the computer, the radio, and winlink so that they all match, but nothing works.

I've tried using the 7600 setting (which worked for some it seems) and the "Icom Amature Radio" model. Icom address 98 matches the radio. I've tried both USB and USB Digital, I've tried every combination of the radio control and ptt port settings..

I have a 7100 where everything worked just fine with little fuss.

7. KE5VXX

KE5VXX Ham Member QRZ Page

Well.. I dunno what to say.. after posting that, I kept messing with it.. and finally found the right settings. It's now changing the freq and xmiting.

For my 7610 setup it is:
    Model: 7600
    Icom Address: 98
    USB Digital
    Serial Port to use: COM4 19200
    Enable RTS (not DTR)
    PTT Port: CI-V

The ARDOP window has it's own 'radio setup' option under the ardop file menu. Those settings had to be:
    Radio Model: None
    Uncheck Enable TNC Control of Radio or PTT.

Hope that helps someone.

K0PIR likes this.
  8. K0PIR

K0PIR Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey glad you got it working and communicating how you solved your issue will definitely help others.
    Maybe check out VARA. I used the paid version while camping and it was great. Much faster.
    Take care, be safe in that 73!

KE5VXX likes this.