E-mail list

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by Guest, Feb 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. VE6WTF

VE6WTF Ham Member QRZ Page

whats the yahoo group?

2. VA7AAX

VA7AAX Ham Member QRZ Page

its still in the ''emailing list'' stage.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

not sure i can get the yahoo group going, but come on, join the list, it has been pretty fun so far.

4. KE5FIX

KE5FIX Ham Member QRZ Page

I can start a yahoo group if I can get a name for it.

5. VA7AAX

VA7AAX Ham Member QRZ Page

a simple name would be '' youth amateurs ''

6. M0PCB

M0PCB Ham Member QRZ Page

Young hams yahoo groups have been done before. I am/was a memebr of 2. Both went the same way in terms of activity. One was called younger_hams, I forget the other one now.

I'm not convinced there are quite enough to keep an email reflector going. I do tend to prefer them over forums though. It might be worth ressurecting a pre-existing group on yahoo rather than making a new one...

Just my $0.02

Iain M0PCB/AD5XI

7. M0MJH

M0MJH Ham Member QRZ Page

Iain, I'm a bit worried when people say that... even when the exchange rate is better it's still not worth picking up $0.02 if you find it on the pavement (sidewalk)! LOL

(don't worry guys, me and Iain are mates really)

8. KE5FIX

KE5FIX Ham Member QRZ Page

That was a reason why I am sheepish to start another group.
    Maybe taking that in to consideration a plain email list is better because it leaves no skeleton when it dies. Like I said , before my reasoning against it is the fact that anyone on the list can abuse the addresses or owners easily.

va7aax, I was thinking about something along the lines of young amateurs radio club or yarc. what do you think.

9. M0PCB

Well if Microsoft is anything to go by $0.02 is worth about £40 ;-)

(I shall remove tongue from cheek now...)

Anyway, one must look after the pennies, and the pounds will look after themselves. :)

10. M0PCB

Well, a youth amateur radio club might work. Just look at WWYC, though the non contesters wouldn't be interested in them really, but they ahve about 700 members under the age of 30 or so.

There are also a lot of younger hams lurking on the amateur radio groups on Facebook of all places. ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.