DXKeeper Error need solution

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by AC9QS, Sep 13, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: l-assoc
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. AC9QS

AC9QS Ham Member QRZ Page

I just downloaded the DX Lab launcher and installed the entire suite of applications. I have heard great things about the software, and wanted an improvement to my current software (using Log4OM). Unfortunately, as soon as I booted up DX Keeper I got this error:

"New fields were not successfully added due to an error noted in errorlog.txt, so the specified log cannot be opened" - there is an okay button, so I click that and it gives me this:

"Unable to open log database: C:\DXLab\DXKeeper\Databases\AC9QS.mdb" - there is another okay button so I click that.

DX Keeper finally opens but I can't log anything because no log is open. I am unable to open a log.

Is there a solution?

Thanks and 73 de

Joey/AC9QS

2. AA6YQ

AA6YQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Something is preventing DXKeeper from modifying your log file; an anti-malware application, perhaps. So i can see what's going on, please attach the errorlog.txt file from your DXKeeper folder to an email message, and send it to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Dave, AA6YQ

3. AA6YQ

Joey AC9QS's errorlog identified the root cause as a missing entry in the Windows Registry. This Microsoft-provided procedure corrected the Registry, enabling DXKeeper to operate correctly.

4. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've been using the DXLab suite for a while now, and it does everything I need for my school club! But... we have a PC in the shack and a PC in the classroom. I've been saving the database to Google Drive. When I open the database on a different PC, it says it's unable to open the log. Thankfully I have lots of backups. But I'm wondering if there's a way to prevent recovering all the time when using Google Drive to store the master database so we can access it in both places.

5. AA6YQ

At any point in time, you cannot have the same log file open by more than one instance of DXKeeper - even if that log file lives in the cloud. What is the exact text of the error message stating that DXKeeper is unable to open the log?

6. WB9VPG

It hasn't ever been opened twice at the same time, even in different locations. Here is the error:
    upload_2018-10-22_8-27-15.png

Attached Files:

7. AA6YQ

Thanks. If another application has that log file exclusively opened, Windows won't let DXKeeper open it.

8. WB9VPG

OK. I don't know of any other application that has it open. It seems to be a consistent problem. I was blaming Google Drive.

9. AA6YQ

A latent defect in Windows sometimes results in it considering a file to still be exclusively open after the application that opened the file has close it, or terminated. Try rebooting Windows on each machine that's accessed the file.

If you like, you can send me that database file and I will confirm that there has been no internal corruption. Place the file in a zip archive, attach the archive to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

10. WB9VPG

OK will do. Thanks. Both machines are rebooted daily. :(