DXing are there countries we are not allowed to contact

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N4AEQ, Nov 14, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
  1. W0IS

W0IS Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm also very unsympathetic to commies, but even during the height of the Cold War, I was always happy to work stations in Commie Land. I was very excited to work my first Cuban as a novice and get the QSL. (I don't remember now if it was direct or via buro.) I always had the fantasy that the guy would want asylum and would contact the friendly novice he worked on 40 meters, since he had my name and address. So far he hasn't called.

I really knew big changes were coming in the Soviet Union when I worked a guy there in December, and he told me Merry Christmas instead of Happy New Year.

2. W0IS

W0IS Ham Member QRZ Page

On the subject of the banned countries list, there was one when I was first licensed in 1974, and it did appear periodically in QST. I wasn't able to find one in a cursory search, but I did find the Canadian list in February 1985. The U.S. one was always very similar. There were occasionally minor differences.

Around the 1990s, there was an announcement in QST that the banned country list was now down to zero countries, and it's been that way for quite a while now.

upload_2019-11-17_21-58-44.png

3. W0IS

W0IS Ham Member QRZ Page

Here are the lists for March 1964. I remember them being presented in a similar format in the 70s and 80s, but wasn't able to find them quickly.

upload_2019-11-17_22-4-46.png

4. WX7P

WX7P XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Needles? Probably boiled to death in the Summer.

5. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

[​IMG]

6. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

At least not verbally:rolleyes:

7. K4PIH

K4PIH Ham Member QRZ Page

What about Asskrackistan?

8. K3LI

K3LI Ham Member QRZ Page

Kneecranium also has a prohibition against Ankleonia

9. N5AL

N5AL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

An actor better known as "Jaws".
    Jaws_james_bond.jpg

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
  10. R7RAY

R7RAY Ham Member QRZ Page

I think all there is to know about this callsign is D1CTT, an amateur kids club radio station. Whether to make QSOs with them or not, let your conscience tell you. I don't think the law will be too harsh.