DXCC Digital - 5 weeks

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by KE8KMX, Sep 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Could you post a copy of the adif log for this achievement? Not picking on you by any stretch but I'd like to see what it looks like with times/bands/etc.

2. KJ4VTH

KJ4VTH Ham Member QRZ Page

Shooting fish in a barrel? Sure but first you have to buy the gun, find the barrel, and then all the fish. And then the fish have to live long enough to confirm you shot them! :p

3. K1LKP

K1LKP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

HI GINO,

CONGRATS TO YOU ON YOUR DXCC DIGITAL.

Hats_off[1].gif

TALK ABOUT SHOOOOTIN FISH IN THE BARREL.
    THREE CHEERS FOR YOUR QSL MANAGER
    MR. BUTTERS.

73 - K1LKP

4. WA6MHZ

WA6MHZ Subscriber QRZ Page

I got my DIGITAL DXCC the HARD WAY!! On RTTY!!. I am still pestering the League to make RTTY a separate DXCC from Digital!!! It takes considerable effort to crack an RTTY Pileup. On FT8, its just some Mouse clicks.

By the way, I have been trying to get a DXCC from FT8 up in the Upstairs radio shack with Miserable results. Think I have only about 20 countries so far. Getting DXCC is way WAY Easier from the East Coast, where u have easy [propagation to the EU and AF! Itsa BEAR from the West Coast. I am excited to hear a few JAs and a Philipines station!

5. KE8KMX

KE8KMX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I sent it to you via e-mail. I spit out an adif file of all my FT8 dx contacts over the last six weeks from qrz.com. It's a huge ascii file and I have no idea how to display it here. I have the qrz log thingy embedded in my qrz page but it is just the last 15 and does not include times. I have worked ft8 dx on 17,20,30,40 and 80m. Mostly in the evening EST and some in the AM before work.

Gino

6. KP4SX

KP4SX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Rcvd. Interesting to compare with my own observations.

7. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Right now, the DX is found on FT8. Not RTTY, or Olivia, or PSK-31. One of the reasons for this is because FT8 is soooo good in poor conditions, and we're at the bottom of the solar cycle, so duh! :D

If all the DX was on PSK-31, I wouldn't be surprised to hear about DXCC in 5 weeks on it. Or CW. But it's on FT8.

So, no real surprise. Congrats!

W4POT likes this.