ad: elecraft

DXCC Challenge ????????????

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by K2WH, Feb 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. N2EY

N2EY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The question was not specific about "band points". It was clearly a request for spoon-feeding.

I for one do not want to contribute to learned helplessness.

WD4ELG, N2SR and K7MH like this.
  2. K4LRX

K4LRX QRZ Member QRZ Page

For the most part you can find civil answers on this site, one has to take the posture of perhaps the person asking the question does not know where to look for information, or perhaps there are other reasons for not knowing about every award for ham radio. I take the attitude of there are no stupid questions, answer the person asking and if he, or she has any more questions just ask. The Challenge is well worth the pursuit and one should be proud to hang it on the wall of your shack.

K8PG, WA8UEG and K1TGX like this.
  3. K2HAT

K2HAT QRZ Volunteer Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

http://www.arrl.org/dxcc-challenge

DXCC Challenge Award
    The DXCC Challenge Award is earned by working and confirming at least 1,000 DXCC band-points on any Amateur bands, 160 through 6 meters (except 60 meters). Certificates are not available for this award however, there is a distinctive wall plaque available to display your achievement. Plaques can also be endorsed in increments of 500 additional band points. Deleted entities do not count for this award. All contacts must be made after November 15, 1945. QSOs for the 160, 80, 40, 30, 20, 17, 15, 12, 10 and 6 meter bands qualify for this award. Bands with less than 100 contacts are acceptable for credit for this award and you do not have to have an active award on a band for it to qualify.

upload_2018-2-19_20-35-22.png

N2EY likes this.
  4. K2MIJ

K2MIJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Ironically, I arrived here via research on "Google! It was the 1st choice in response to my Google query of "what is the lotw Challenge award"

5. K2WH

K2WH Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks.

6. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

If you search the name of the award, DXCC Challenge, the first thing returned is:

www.arrl.org › dxcc-challenge

Here you will find all of the information that exists about the award.

Now that we have that settled, can someone please explain the rules of the WAE CW contest to me, with details on how the QTC's work?

7. E73Y

E73Y Ham Member QRZ Page

Steven,

For EU station, WAE Contest is similar as ARRL DX for USA station. In WAE Contest everybody work EU, while EU-EU QSO's are not allowed.

About the QTC's. You run EU and work, lets say, 15 QSO's. I get to your QRG and we exchange reports for QSO #16. I ask about QTC and you send data of your previous QSO's (time, callsign, number rcvd). For every QTC transmitted you get one point, and I get one point for every QTC received. You can make QSO with me on 5 contest bands, but you can send maximum of 10 QTC's during the whole contest, at once or in batches.

Back to begin, your first 15 QSO's has earned you a 15 QSO points. QSO + 10 QTC's transmitted to me has earned you 11 points. That is the reason why EU stations will 'bother' you with QTC? and QTC's are the great way to maximize your score (you send them faster then you can work new stations).

Above works for WAE CW and WAE SSB. In WAE RTTY, which is everybody works everybody type of contest, you can send QTC's to all stations on the other continents.

73's Boris E73Y

8. K8BZ

K8BZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you Boris for the time you put into this fine explanation. Actually, I was being sarcastic, but apparently not obviously enough :), that the original post asked a question that could easily be answered via a simple search.

The WAE CW and RTTY contests have become my favorites. I thoroughly enjoy them, expecially the CW version. And many thanks for the WAE CW QSO you gave me on 11 Aug 2018. 73 and CU in the WAE! ;)

9. AA6YQ

AA6YQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The polite and unambiguous way to suggest that someone can answer their own question via an internet search is to ask "Have you tried an internet search?".

Unless of course you've had a bad day, and need to dump on someone seeking help in order to feel better about yourself. Then by all means let it fly; after all, only you have feelings.

K8PG likes this.
  10. VA3VF

VA3VF Ham Member QRZ Page

What about "Google is your friend"?:D

Another one I like is RTFM, where the F word stands for FINE.;)

HNY, Dave.