DX Watch map loading issues

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Software' started by W7TRD, Oct 9, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: l-assoc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. W7TRD

W7TRD Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey gang,
    Anyone else experiencing DX Watch map loading issues? More times than not, the Google map seems to be loading incorrectly. I either get ""This page can't load Google Maps correctly" or the mas has a watermark that says "For development purposes only".
    Is there another sites that displays a map and spot info simultaneously? The ones I found either show a map of spots, or a list of spots, but DX Watch seems to be the only one with both.
    Thanks for your time!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. VE1PEW

VE1PEW Ham Member QRZ Page

I haven't tried the map but I am having trouble with their spot widget loading on my QRZ page.

3. W7TRD

I contacted them, but have not received a response yet...

4. VE3CGA

VE3CGA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

seems ok now, although I was not registered (waiting for email)
    I've seen this on other sites before. must be something google coders are doing - it usually doesnt last long

I need to find something else to use for 2M - the vhf propagation map is down http://aprs.mountainlake.k12.mn.us/

5. W7TRD

Response I received from DXMaps:

"Hello,
    Sorry for the late reply!
    Recently google introduced some changes on the way they charge for the maps that we use at dxwatch.com, and it became so expensive that it is prohibitive to pay for it.
    Right now I am working hard on a new version of the site which will use another mapping solution. Hopefully it will be ready in a few weeks.

Thank you for your comprehension!"

6. KJ6TOA

KJ6TOA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

also sent report and most of the time HE would reply within one day and saying thanks.. so maybe he is busy with life issues or something is up as the MAP is not working at all today 10-16-18
    Hope this works soon as its one great Helper

7. KJ6TOA

KJ6TOA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

UPDATE: Just rec'd this Email.. this may help you all understand ....
    -
    Hello Dave,

Sorry for the late reply!

Recently google introduced some changes on the way they charge for the maps that we use at dxwatch.com, and it became so expensive that it is prohibitive to pay for it.

Right now I am working hard on a new version of the site which will use another mapping solution. Hopefully it will be ready in a few weeks.

Thank you for your comprehension!

Felipe Ceglia - CT7ANO, PY1NB

-- SO THERE WE HAVE IT.. Thank you Google :( -