DX operation from Turkey

Discussion in 'The DX Zone' started by EA7IVP, Jun 30, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. EA7IVP

EA7IVP Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all, guys! my name is Carlos EA7IVP, vy glad to meet you all.

I am a Spaniard NCO, branch of AAA, and next Enuary I have the posibility to be posted to Incirlik base in Turkey, so I am interested to put TA prefix on the air.The question is if anyone knows about the possibility of installing any simple HF station (multiband dipole+100w or qrp transceiver.

I know about some ham operations from bases in Afghanistan, mainly russians and north americans, but unfortunately, for Spanyards ham are not usual this kind of operations, so I am skeptical about the success of this.

Is it possible? I will be grateful to hear experiences and tips. Many tnx & GDX.

Sorry for my bad English.

73 de Carlos EA7IVP

2. KB2FCV

KB2FCV Ham Member QRZ Page

I am not sure what is involved with getting permission to get on the air from Turkey. I took a quick look at the dx clusters and I see that TA4/OK6DJ and TA4/G4IJD have been on the air recently. Both of their emails are listed here in qrz. Perhaps reach out to one of them to see how they got permission? Good luck!

3. EA7IVP

Many thanks for your answer, James. I have noticed that one of these OM have a holidays qth there, and the other one did the operation many years ago and I´m not sure it would be useful for me, because the radio station should be installed inside the Base, but you gave me a good idea checking some dx cluster to find any other operators to ask.

I will be stand by if anyone can help with any other information.

Thank you!

4. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page

5. KS2G

KS2G Subscriber QRZ Page

As others have posted, as far as LICENSING is concerned, you would be authorized to operate under provisions of CEPT.

HOWEVER, you would need permission from the base commander to set-up and/or operate a station located on the base, itself.
    -----
    Como han publicado otros, en lo que respecta a la LICENCIA, usted estaría autorizado a operar bajo las disposiciones de la CEPT.

SIN EMBARGO, necesitaría el permiso del comandante de la base para configurar y / o operar una estación ubicada en la misma base.

6. EA7IVP

Dear guys, thank you very much again for your advices.

As a member of the Army, I know that the main problem is getting permission from the base authorities. In this case I have found the website of the base -good luck and nice surprise!!-, and get in touch via email with members of the base that will attend my request for information.

As you gave me your interest and help, you will be informed when i get any reply.

TKS AGN!! 73.

W4CWL and KF5KWO like this.
  7. EA7IVP

Hi all again, guys. Bad news about this topic... after checking the manning list, I won´t be able to go to Turkey for the next rotation, and the situation in the future is not better, because Spanish Government, at this moment, wants to retire the AAA Battery from Incirlik Base.

It´s a pity, but anyway, in the future, I will try again if I have the possibility to put any prefix on the air.

Thank you, and hope find you all on the bands.

8. US7IGN

US7IGN Ham Member QRZ Page