Dx Convention Nearly Empty

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by K6NXI, Apr 13, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Subscribe
  1. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Crap and double crap :oops:

2. W3WN

W3WN Ham Member QRZ Page

Vidalia, Visalia, whatever it takes.

3. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok, Gilroy has some great garlic....

4. WX7P

WX7P Ham Member QRZ Page

I planned on going to Visalia this year but my schedule didn't allow the time.

I went two years ago and had a great time. It was fun meeting some of the people I had worked over the years in person.

5. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

KS2G likes this.
  6. K7JEM

K7JEM Ham Member QRZ Page

I went to Tulare once for a farm equipment show. Back in the early 90's. They had some Russian tractors there, among other stuff.

7. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Did you forget there was an FT8 DX contest going on? ;)

8. K8SQB

K8SQB Ham Member QRZ Page

My 1st visit. Won't be my last. I live about 200 miles away and drove out for just an overnight stay. Should have planned to stay the weekend and then visit the Sequoias on the way out of town.

Little bit disappointed there wasn't going to be a hamfest, but where would you put it?

Visalia is a pretty low key location, a bit far from a decent Intl Airport, but I like the town just fine.

Scuttlebutt is in 2 yrs time it could be in a new location with a large airport nearby and lots more diversions.

9. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Any Sriracha hot sauce?

10. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No, but they had Jalapeno slices and other fixin's for putting on the chili-on-cornchips, so I made out OK. It was a large, good tasting hotdog, I must say!

K6CLS likes this.