DX-CC or DX-DD. which is better

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by KB4OIF, Jun 2, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: L-Geochron
  1. KB4OIF

KB4OIF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Looking at these to for my back yard. Anyone out there running these and how does it perform.

KB4OIF
    John

2. K2IE

K2IE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

If you're referring to the Alpha Delta antennas, I have had a DX-CC in my yard for almost 15 years. It is well made. And after Superstorm Sandy, when one leg came down as an insulator broke, AD replaced the part at no charge.

It works well on 40-10 and reasonably well on 80, considering it is physically short. I have confirmed 242 countries using this antenna. It is expensive but provides value for your money.

3. W0GSQ

W0GSQ Ham Member QRZ Page

The DX-DD has been my main 40-80 antenna for over a decade, it’s very robust.
    The 80m section is tuned for the CW end of the band where most of my activity is.
    It’s a proven design but nothing magical about it.

4. N3PM

N3PM Ham Member QRZ Page

5. W6MK

W6MK Ham Member QRZ Page

Go to the Alpha website and read the installation instructions. Both antennas are the same size.
    Both will work the same on the lower bands.

The CC has parallel dipoles for the higher bands. Thus it will tune on those bands. If you contemplate using the higher bands, then the CC will work where the DD won't.