DVAP and X Reflectors?

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by N2SUB, Sep 6, 2019.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm running D-Star through a DVAP Dongle. I'm interested in linking to the XRF### ans XRX### reflectors that cross over to DMR. I've done a lot of research, and apparently there is a way to do it, but you have to use DVAPTool 1.02 and add a few lines to your host file. No problem I thought, I was using DVAPtool 1.05 as I rolled it back to DVAPtool 1.02. When I did that, the tool could not find the callisign gateway on the internet. I traced to packets (with wireshark) and it looks like it's a port issue. I went back to 1.05 and everything is working again.

Anyway, I say all that to ask, is there a way to get onto the X reflectors using a DVAP dongle? Everything I find on the internet is not current and requires a rollback to previous versions of DVAPTool. And that solution did not work. Any breadcrumbs would be helpful.

2. N8OHU

N8OHU Ham Member QRZ Page

It almost sounds like the server providing the access to XRF reflectors is offline. The only other option I know of is a separate application called Dummy Repeater, which was developed by G4KLX.