ad: CQMM-1

Duane Heise, AA6EE SK January 27, 2018

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K2HAT, May 12, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Duane Heise, AA6EE SK

[​IMG]

Duane W. Heise
    October 27, 1935 - January 27, 2018
    It is with great sadness that the family of Duane W. Heise announces his passing on Saturday, January 27th at the age of 82 in Ramona, CA after a brief illness.

Duane was born October 27,1935 in Hamlin, Kansas to Arthur and Mary (Walgemuth) Heise. He graduated from Hamlin High School in 1953, and the University of Kansas in 1960. He also served in the Air Force Reserves for six years. Duane was employed as an electrical engineer in the aerospace industry until his retirement. From the time Duane was a young man until his illness made him stop he loved using his Amateur Radio (HAM), he was known to many as AA6EE his call sign. He enjoyed working outside on his property as well as watching the University of Kansas Jayhawks Basketball team, especially during March Madness. He also enjoyed being the family historian and transcribing his mother’s diaries for the whole family to enjoy for years to come.

Duane will be lovingly remembered by his wife Dianne of 54 years and his children Charleen (Dan) Miller, Mark (Tobi) Heise, and Melanie (Chris) Carver. His seven grandchildren Kristin, Ethan, Justin, Connor, Cameron, Caitlin, and Eli will also fondly remember Duane, as will his sister Eileen, and brothers Austin (Rhoda) and Eugene (Harriett), many nieces, nephews, and extended family. His parents Arthur and Mary Heise preceded him in death.

A visitation will be from 12:00pm -1:00pm on April 21st at Chapel Oaks Funeral Home 124 S. 7th Street Hiawatha, Kansas, with a procession to follow to Pleasant Hill Cemetery, north of Hamlin, for graveside services and flag folding.

Those who so desire may make memorial donations in memory of Duane to ROARS P.O. Box 663 Ramona, CA 92065
    http://www.chapeloaksfuneralhome.com/obituary/duane-heise

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Copied from his old QRZ Biography, not visible now....

Thanks to the help of my Elmer, Dale, W0EZT (now AG4Y), I obtained my novice license while in high school, obtaining the call WN0HAW. Within a year, I passed the General test & my call became W0HAW.

While attending Greenville College in Illinois, I obtained a second call K9EWB. I was chief operator of the club station K9BJV.

I graduated from the University of Kansas (B.S.E.E.) & moved to Southern CA, obtaining the call WA6ORJ. I passed the Extra Class exam in 1977 at the San Diego FCC office. Immediately after passing the test, I turned in a list of preferred calls & was given the first one on my list: AA6EE. The AA block of calls was just being opened up. This was before he FCC set up the vanity call system.

Special calls & DXpeditions:

• Operated AA6EE/VE7 while on vacation in BC Canada in Aug 1979.
    • AA23EE & AA84EE was used during the 23rd Summer Olympics held in Los Angeles Jul 26 –Aug 12, 1984. Over 500 QSOs were made with these special event calls.
    • XE2GCK was used in a DXpedition to Ensenada, Mexico for the CQ WW DX CW Contest in November 1988. To obtain a Mexican license, I drove to Tijuana to the Mexican communications office to apply for a license. I received my license with the call XE2GCK in a few weeks from Mexicali, Mexico.
    • XE2/AA6EE was used in a second DXpedition to Ensenada, Mexico for the CQ WW DX CW Contest in Novembr1989.
    • Operated at the QTH of XE2GV in Baja California, Mexico in the CQ WW DX SSB Contest in October 1994. The call 6E2Z was used for this multi-multi operation.
    Member of the ARRL for over 45 years. Member of the Ramona Outback ARS. Primary operating interests: Contests & DXing. Technical interests: antennas.

I am the president of Mountain View DX Club, which holds the call NX6I (obtained Oct 2015). Other officer are Mark - N3MDH, Dale -AG4Y & Dianne (XYL of AA6EE).

My xcvr is a Yaesu FT-1000MP. I have an amplifier, but have not used it since 1994.

The pictures below were taken in June2012 & show my son Mark (now N3MDH) & myself installing two new HyGain beams: 20M 4L monobander & a 10/15M duobander (4-el on 10 & 3-el on 15). The tower is a TriEx 71 ft. four-section crank up. We used a 40' boom-lift to speed up the installation of the beams. We were assisted by Don, KF6AUP.

73, Duane, AA6EE

2. NL7XM

NL7XM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Very sorry to learn Duane is gone.
    Duane was instrumental in helping me complete my World Class library of Callbooks which allows me to conduct the most obscure research as well as assist qualifying past licensees returning to the Amateur Service obtaining proof to take advantage of the new FCC’s Lifetime Credit provisions and get relief from upper Class examinations.
    Vy, vy 73 old friend.
    PeteTheGreek / NL7XM

Attached Files:

K2HAT likes this.