Dual Band slim jim/j-pole antenna

Discussion in 'Ham Made Gear' started by N5HDX, Dec 6, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: DLSpec-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
  1. N5HDX

N5HDX Ham Member QRZ Page

For sale are these home brew dual band easy install antennas. Inside the pvc that I paint for uv resistance is a twin lead 450 ohm slim jim / j-pole antenna. This is a great performer. Low swr across both bands. See the attached pics illustrate ease of installation as well as the cool design. I include two flat head wood screws. Just put one screw into your facia, put a level on it and install the second screw. Others have installed them on their towers using a piece of unistrut with a mast clamp. Howecer you do it, it is the ultimate plug and play antenna.
    The cost is $55. and I pay the economy shipping conus. If you have interest or questions:

n5hdx@yahoo.com
    Joe

Attached Files:

KE0TNL and AH2AP like this.
  2. WA9TGT

WA9TGT Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Joe:
    I do not see where you mention what 2 bands the j-pole PVC antenna covers?

Donnie Garrett / WA9TGT

3. N5HDX

Hello Donnie
    Sorry about that, it's a 2m/70cm antenna.
    Joe

KE0TNL likes this.
  4. KE0TNL

KE0TNL Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you accept paypal?

5. N5HDX

I do. Paypal address is: joeclark167@gmail.com. Antenna ships the day following payment. Thanks and 73, Joe

KE0TNL likes this.
  6. KX0OTK

KX0OTK Ham Member QRZ Page

Can you make them for any other bands. not 160M, it would be so tall I could leave snacks for ISS on it, but maybe 1.25m or 6M

7. N5HDX

That's a good one. I could do 1.25 but the 6m would end up around 9 ft long and not practical for this pvc design. Thanks for ur interest.
    Joe

8. KX0OTK

KX0OTK Ham Member QRZ Page

The word picture of the ISS picking up snacks was to good to pass up. I have to be careful about tall antennas, my xyl is afraid I will think I am 21 again and do something age inappropriate.