Driving up and down the road

Discussion in 'RV Operating and Camping' started by KG5WOI, Oct 30, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. KG5WOI

KG5WOI Ham Member QRZ Page

Just a note to all the RV people out there traveling to warmer spots for the winter. tthere are a lot of truckers and other motorist monitor 146.520 when were Traveling out on the road, so if you get bored along the way Every once in a while give shout out you never know he might find, I ran into several RV folks just by calling out my callsign in the middle of nowhere .

2. AC0GV

AC0GV Ham Member QRZ Page

I drove 450 miles today, in Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa. I called more that 10 times around large cities, and never heard a thing.
    Please people, Always announce what freq you are on when you call and then wait for a response. I watched people call and change frequency all in the same breath.

KG5WOI and KA9JLM like this.
  3. KG5WOI

KG5WOI Ham Member QRZ Page

I traveled from Phoenix to Albuquerque today with no luck with any one coming back! Some days are better than others. I will keep calling out.

4. K0UO

K0UO Subscriber QRZ Page

I have for the last 50 years been listening to 146.52, there's less activity now than ever even in the beginning. But every once in awhile you run across a good QSO, I have to encourage everyone to put out a call every 40 or 50 miles you might run across a fellow ham.

KG5WOI likes this.
  5. WD5IKX

WD5IKX Ham Member QRZ Page

Mobile HF.....there is always someone to talk to.

KG5WOI likes this.
  6. VE3DDL

VE3DDL Ham Member QRZ Page

yes well i leave my 2m on 146.520 from texas to ont nigar falls and hear nil most of the way give my call out every hour

7. VE3DDL

VE3DDL Ham Member QRZ Page

well i have 14.270 hf on have 146.520 and uhf on scan and hear repeaters on uhf but not much on vhf hf lots of traffic on 14.262 to 14.300 so thats it you can see the5 ant on the truck but no one try 146.520 they have repeaters in or dmr and all the new stuff simplex is not liking to a lot .....