Driving An Amplifier

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Amplifiers' started by N9CUC, Nov 5, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Could be enjoyable if the biter looks like this.
    [​IMG]

2. G0JUR

G0JUR Ham Member QRZ Page

Nothing wrong with what you did at all, Its just some have got a superiority complex. Humour them.
    However I will add a caveat, dont take every thing posted as gospel, the poster could be a complete bellend with no knowledge at all.
    Research is the best option and ask for clarification of things you dont understand then be prepared to sort the wheat from the chaff.
    Good luck in the hobby Im sure you will enjoy it...

WA7PRC likes this.
  3. AC4BB

AC4BB Ham Member QRZ Page

Ask this guy how to drive an amp.

4. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

There isn't. Just some "hams" (loosely used reference) have a burr up their behind and feel the need to remind the rest of us of that reality. Would be nice though, if someone who has the book could turn to page whatever and answer the nice mans question.

WU8Y, W5BIB and WA7PRC like this.
  5. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

No. Halloween was monday.

6. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page

Current that is generated by the rectification action of the grid-cathode of a tube (or base-emitter of a bipolar transistor), from the energy supplied by the source.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2016
  7. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Corky, how does a newbie get a 1x3 call sign? I thought those were already used up as sequential calls? Am I missing something? (probably)

8. AA7QQ

AA7QQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Some people in this world can only feel like a real man if they insult, berate & degrade others.

Ed

KS4W, W9AMM, WU8Y and 3 others like this.
  9. W2AAT

W2AAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

QRZ gives him an 08-02-2016 date... and he had 290+ QRZ lookups... Sort of says he is either new or may have been licensed for some time, but QRZ didn't show any other or older call.

10. WZ7U

WZ7U Ham Member QRZ Page

Ok, I think he's been around longer than August though. No one gets a 1x3 sequential anymore that I've heard of and he isnt a vanity call. I'm betting he's on a second, third or even fourth round renewal. (Not trying to talk about you like you're not here OP)

I think the fact that so many are so ready to bounce him for a simple question is a big part of what makes ham radio unattractive to newbies. They do a little web research (it's the new thing nowadays :rolleyes:) and come across stuff like that and figure the heck with it. I would.

I wish some smart ass with the book would just answer his question as to which menu/button/knob he needs to manipulate so he won't hurt his amp. Obviously the rig is new to him or he would already know this. What a bunch of buffoons. I mean really. o_O

WU8Y likes this.