Drivers for Catalina latest version

Discussion in 'OS: Mac OS' started by EA3BY, Mar 29, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: FBNews-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
  1. EA3BY

EA3BY Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi

I have a Mac with the latest Catalina version I would like to connected with the Kenwood TS 480SAT & HX that I have, should I download extra drivers to work wit Mac Logger?, cause actually there are not connected, The Mac doesn´t recognize the radio
    Second Question : I have seen the WSJT-X, it has the same problem do I need extra drivers?

Thanks for your comments
    Ea3BY

2. WV8A

WV8A Ham Member QRZ Page

Driver update might be needed for the chip in the serial control cable for the radio, not the software (WSJTX, Mac Logger, fldigi etc.)

Chjck
    WV8A

3. K3DCW

K3DCW QRZ Lifetime Member #212 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

How are you connected to the TS-480SAT/HX? You are using a USB to serial cable I presume. Do you know which chipset it uses (FTDI, Prolific, something else?). You'll need to install the drivers for it -- except FTDI is already included with Catalina -- before you can use it. You also need to go to Security & Privacy Pane in System Preferences, the General tab, and make sure that your driver is authorized to load.

I hope that this helps.