For Sale Drake L4B Linear Amplifier

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Gear For Sale' started by NY4G, Sep 15, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: l-assoc
  1. NY4G

NY4G Ham Member QRZ Page

For sale is a mint condition Drake L4B. It looks like it left the factory yesterday. Case has no scratches. The power supply has new high voltage capacitors installed using the Harbach PM400 Kit. The unit also has the Harbach ES4L4-B Softkey Kit to reduce the inrush current. The ES4L4-B is a combination soft-start/soft-key/bias board for the L4-B amplifier. This all-in-one board limits inrush current during amplifier start-up by placing a small resistive load in series with the AC mains. The load resistor is switched out of the circuit by a relay approximately 2.5 seconds after power-on. It also features a opto-isolated soft-key circuit that reduces the voltage on the keying line to 12 VDC at less than 10 mA current that is also interlocked with the soft-start.

The sale also includes an extra set of matched Eimac 3-500Z tubes. The tubes inside are a couple of years old and were purchased from RF Parts

The amplifier operates on 80-10m. Since the unit is such mint condition, will only allow for local pickup.

Asking $950 firm for everything. Contact me off-list at ny4g@hotmail.com if interested.
    L4B_1.jpg L4B-2.jpg

K9BPS, N1RCX, KI4YZN and 4 others like this.
  2. K9OQ

K9OQ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I would like to get this amp. I am in georgia and could come to your location or met you somewhere.

3. KY4LW

KY4LW Ham Member QRZ Page

HMMM,
    Noticed the non-factory dual white switches.
    Has it been repaired for the bad switches or?

4. QRZ
    Important Rules
    Have you read our Swapmeet Safety Rules?

This forum enforces a set of buying/selling safety rules for the benefit of all users. Make sure that you're familiar with the rules before posting or replying in this area. Our moderators review every post in this forum and will flag or delete those that do not conform.