ad: Mircules-1

Drake "B Line" Restoration Advice Requested

Discussion in '"Boat Anchor" & Classic Equipment' started by K5FRH, May 7, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-Geochron
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. AF5XF

AF5XF Ham Member QRZ Page

What did you find out? As a new drake owner I would like to get a set of these files/CDs too.

2. K0OKS

K0OKS Ham Member QRZ Page

I just finished the initial go over/recap on my B-Line twins. In mine there was only a single 10uF Tantalum in the R-4B. The T-4XB had no Tantalum caps at all.

I would never leave those old Tanalums in place. They literally catch fire, usually damaging other components and boards around them.

Most of the electrolytics are fairly easy to reach. Just make sure you get them all. I did not have to remove any of the sub boards.

Check the meter shunt resistor in the T-4XB R36 on the sub-board right next to the cement resistors in the middle of the chassis. If this is way off you won't set your bias correctly and distortion will ensue.

The K4OAH make everything much simpler.

3. W6LXH

W6LXH Ham Member QRZ Page

I purchased the Drake C Service CD v1_06 just last December (2020) from Carol Barrell. They are still available. His widow is still maintaining the business.

Chris
    W6LXH

4. K1LKP

K1LKP Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

HERE IS SOME ADDITIONAL INFO. @WA1GXC

http://www.wb4hfn.com/Services/WB4HFN/RepairHomePage.htm

AND FOR A LITTLE DRAKE HISTORY CHECK THIS SITE.

LONG TIME AGO I HAD A DRAKE TR-4 FOR 30 PLUS YEARS AND IT FINALLY WENT TO HAM RADIO HEAVEN.

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROJECT.

73 - K1LKP

Last edited: Oct 21, 2021