ad: Schulman-1

DPØGVN WSPR Beacon in Antarctia is operational

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by DF2NU, Jan 18, 2018.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

In English. Perhaps in German it is capitalized.

2. N9UTJ

N9UTJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Just a waste of time and effort.

3. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

A "TLA".

That is, a "Three Letter Acronym".

4. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

There's lots to do in the hobby, and WSPR has been a great tool pushing the boundary of what can be done with HF propagation. I have reached the other side of the planet with 100mW, and that's pretty cool to me!

Or, were you referring to your post? :D

5. N9CJT

N9CJT Ham Member QRZ Page

Acronym. Cluster of initials standing for something. Examples: AC, ARRL, ARES, DC, FUBAR, MD, NIMH......

6. N9UTJ

N9UTJ Ham Member QRZ Page

7. KV6O

KV6O Ham Member QRZ Page

Not sure if I am deciphering this correctly, but no, you need the software . WSPR frequencies are published, Google "wspr frequencies" for the complete list.

http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wspr.html <-- For the software.

8. K3RW

K3RW Ham Member QRZ Page

Awesome! How large is the 60m mag-loop?

I had just finished building a 40-10m trap dipole and mounted it pretty low as an inverted-V. Surprised the heck out of me that I worked DP0VGN on 40m JT9 that night running 10w. Great guys down there.

9. UN8PY

UN8PY Ham Member QRZ Page

It is a pity, but yesterday on 10.136 fashion of FT8, 2 hours could not cause. Full ignoring of Asia!
    Decoding was excellent.

10. DJ3BO

DJ3BO Ham Member QRZ Page

Pretty nice idea!
    We, a group of DLR colleagues, working at Instiute of Space Systems in Bremen planning also a artic beacon.
    Place is Thule/ Greenland. This hardware will be a part of our satellite groundstation based in a sea container. Test mode is running with the callsign DK0DLR/1. The complete hardware is remote controlled. I will keep you informed when this system goes in operational mode.
    73 Lars & Team DK0DLR

K4AGO likes this.
  11. SA7CND

SA7CND XML Subscriber QRZ Page

You were heard in S.Sweden, nice. 14313 kms.

K4AGO likes this.
  12. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

This was a GREAT article. Thank you very much. I read and reread the article several times. There were also a few replies worth reading and I gave those a "like".

13. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you very much for this post. I am excited to hear the beacon when it is operational.

14. N5MFA

N5MFA Ham Member QRZ Page

Does anybody know what frequency this beacon is on so perhaps people like me can see if we can hear it?