ad: LZQSLprint-1

Doreen Bogdan-Martin, KD2JTX, elected Secretary-General of ITU

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N4QX, Sep 29, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KQ1V

KQ1V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Uh oh! The NWO?! Where is my tinfoil hat?!

4X1ST likes this.
  2. WR3V

WR3V Ham Member QRZ Page

Reading is fundamental. Who is this woman. And how well prepared is she to benefit amateur radio? Simple enough now? I am not grousing or complaining, just wondering why some of you blindly support her.

KE0GXN and N8ZI like this.
  3. KQ1V

See, I don't support her or rail against her. It just does not really matter to me who they appoint. Have you done some research on her? Were you involved in the appointment? I'd venture you are not, which is what makes all of this seem even more silly.

4. W4HMB

W4HMB Ham Member QRZ Page

The World Economic Forum (WEF) was mentioned in one of the first posts. I know that to some WEF sounds like a good thing, but I encourage anyone not familiar with them to go on their site and do in-depth reading about their agenda plans. Then start thinking about your grandkids.

N8ZI likes this.
  5. WR3V

WR3V Ham Member QRZ Page

I would guess by your avatar that you have a military background. Thanks for that. And you don't fear a New World Order? Really? Going back in this post and reading the posts that were filled in after the originals, it is obvious she is a career government employee. Dept of State, etc. I guess she is better than the Russian, but the diversity, equity and inclusion stuff doesn't sit well with me. Sorry. Your conscience, morals, and faith should guide your actions, not the latest three letter fad being forced upon us. George Orwell was a visionary.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2022
    KQ1V likes this.
  6. N8ZI

N8ZI XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm not one to wear a wool coat walking around aimlessly saying bbaaaaa baaaa

7. KQ1V

No need to thank me, but thank you. I do not fear the NWO, or any other conspiracy theory.

8. WR3V

WR3V Ham Member QRZ Page

Please go back and read the post again. I had additional thoughts.

KQ1V likes this.
  9. N8ZI

10. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

The thread is about, and needs to remain about, Doreen Bogan Martin and the ITO not about the NWO, NBA, ABC, CBS, or NBC :)

Thread drift is fine - but not into politically charged topics like the NWO

Thanks

Dave
    W7UUU

4X1ST, KJ7OES, W5MDB and 2 others like this.
  11. N8ZI

Bravo !
    Its nice to see informed people in touch with reality.

W4HMB likes this.
  12. WR3V

WR3V Ham Member QRZ Page

It is all kind of related, Dave. All of these agencies have become, sadly, politicized. But I get your message.

W4HMB, N8ZI and W7UUU like this.
  13. N1FM

N1FM Ham Member QRZ Page

IARU to Serve as Custodian of Ethics and Operating Procedures for the Radio Amateur. IARU has worked with the ITU for nearly a century and is a Sector Member of the Radiocommunication Sector (ITU‑R), playing a full part in the work of ITU‑R as it affects amateur radio spectrum, and also of the Development Sector (ITU‑D), relating to developing countries and emergency communication.

ETHICS AND OPERATING PROCEDURES FOR THE RADIO AMATEUR 3rd EDITION

Some subjects which are a no no in amateur radio conversations on the air are:

• religion
    • politics
    • business
    • derogatory remarks directed at any group
    • bathroom humor
    • any subject that has no relation whatsoever with the ham radio hobby

https://www.iaru-r1.org/on-the-air/code-of-conduct/
    https://www.arrl.org/news/iaru-to-s...nd-operating-procedures-for-the-radio-amateur
    https://www.iaru-r1.org/wp-content/...g-IARU-ENGLISH-version3-2010-amended-2021.pdf

14. SM0AOM

SM0AOM Ham Member QRZ Page

If it is any consolation for Americans, the ITU has lost a lot, if not most, of its once large influence in the telecommunications world, as a result of market deregulation.

In many cases, the ITU is considered as a "rounding mark", and is sometimes openly disregarded as "standing in the way of deregulation".

I would not be the least surprised if the US leaves the ITU in a not too distant future, in favour of some more market-oriented organisation.

It was even proposed a few years ago by a politically appointed FCC official that a regional telecom regulatory body which is more favourable to corporate interests should be formed along the lines of the G7;

https://www.fiercewireless.com/regulatory/fcc-s-o-rielly-suggests-g7-like-alternative-to-itu

Especially the last page of the pdf referenced is quite "interesting" reading.

73/Karl-Arne

N8ZI and (deleted member) like this.
  15. KC3JH

KC3JH Ham Member QRZ Page

With all of the spectrum and other radio services that the ITU is concerned with, do you think it matters what her ham radio license status is?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2022