Don't print an ebay fedex shipping label from the feebays website.......

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Life' started by WB1E, Jun 30, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: FBNews-1
  1. WB1E

WB1E Ham Member QRZ Page

Me the fool, who printed a FedEx shipping label from the feebay website. Wrong wrong. a 2 pound package turned into an 81 pound package, very well hidden and buried in feebays seller pages, are the changes. Ebays helper (on the phone) showed me how! Hey thanks, now ebay says it's fedex's fault and fedex says it's ebays fault. Nothing but good faith strong arm fraud tactics here. They owe me $480, not including overdraft fees, 20+ hours all to discover that there is nothing that can be done. Every time I call to attempt in escalation, they issue another "SR number" which allows then another 60 days (a very tight internal timeline) to pay back your fraudulently pirated monies.

The law to be passed is to first refund all who have had this happen to them, second is to break up bad faith relationships that are outlined within the agreement between each of the 3 co-conspirators; PayPal.com, Ebay.com & FedEx.com and each of their holding companies. I have contacted the Texas AG's office.

"Joshua" promised me a check in 3 days. I called a week later & inquired. The supervisor of the supervisor said to me regarding his attempt to quench the situation, "he will be receiving the appropriate training", I asked her why she thought that Joshua was a male? I also told her that I thought Josh should have her job most appropriately because he has been the only one who was willing to action.

If I only knew the secret ebay billing address, fedex would issue a refund. I have now much, much more costs than the original amount. If fed-ex will issue a shipping tag, then they darn well better ship it and not charge more. This should stop all their bad credit that they have going on. When a company blames one group of bad customers for mis-treating another innocent group of good customers, this is when the government needs to stop this. I'm a disabled Air Force veteran living on disability attempting to make some extra coffee money.

Damned FedEx. Damned EBAY. Damned PayPal.

I would love to feel good about this love between all the three popular companies, however.....not in this life ever again. Only present the package at the shipper strictly.

- WB1E

2. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

If I'm reading this correctly, you're accusing all three companies with conspiracy to defraud.

Is that correct?

K8HIT and SA6CKE like this.
  3. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

Ouch. Thanks for reminding me why i do not do business with any of those companies.

I hope the Texas AG will cut through the mustard for you.

4. KI4POT

KI4POT Ham Member QRZ Page

How exactly did a 2lb package turn into an 81lb one? When I print my label through eBay, I put in all the measurements, including weight, myself.

Could you spend less time on accusing everyone of fraud and a bit more on exactly what happened? Exactly what changes led to this? Where are they hidden?

Chris

K8HIT and NE1U like this.
  5. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Dimensional weight?

6. KI4POT

Not sure I follow.

Chris

7. KP4SX

KP4SX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

All of the shippers nowadays use "dimensional weight". Its a combination of dimensions vs weight. Example - A 4 ft square box of styrofoam peanuts that only weighs 2 lbs will be charged some equivalent weight factor.
    I'm saying this somewhat tongue-in-cheek not knowing exactly what happened in the OPs case which does seem extreme.

KA4DPO and SA6CKE like this.
  8. KI4POT

Gotcha. I'm familiar with the outcome, just not the term.

Chris

9. K8ERV

K8ERV Ham Member QRZ Page

That explains what happened when I bot a light item thru Ebay and was charged a bunch. The seller made it right to me. Careful out there, everyone wants your money.

TOM K8ERV Montrose Colo

KA4DPO and SA6CKE like this.
  10. WB1E

WB1E Ham Member QRZ Page

Thanks to everyone who has replied.

On Ebay's seller pages, go to <shipping labels>, then enter a date range you wish to search, then there they appear. All the printed out (from ebay's website) that you requested, as a service to the good ebay customer....a shipping label that the seller (you) has described in good faith mind you. Now I noticed something hidden. The original price is displayed in blue, humm I thought. A link, could it be? Then pops up the whole story, in code sort of like. Just unclear enough that you'd need to ask for an ebay opinion. This unauthorized change to your shipping label will only happen (or is supposed to happen) if you the shipper were not 110% honest in the packaging size, weight, contents, ect. In my case, some FedEx employee on the "ramp" in Houston from what I was told when I stopped by the FedEx depot.

It has nothing to do with dimensional weight, that is something else. The box was scanned on the ramp in Houston where they did something wrong, mixed up with another one corrected the original label. My complaint is that Both FedEx & Ebay throw the responsibly back and forth, with a 2 month timeline. And the decision is by their timeline, by their evidence. I have evidence, the letter from the buyer, stating the 81 pound box was actually only a 2 pounder. It's on Ebay's website to see. They don't care, and don't offer any thoughts other than "I'm sorry, you have to wait 2 billing cycles". Is the process jobbed to a foreign country too? PayPal will at least turn the claim in 3 weeks Apx. I am claiming that FedEx (who I purchased a product from) defrauded me by overcharging me without my permission. And I have proof, the ebay message from the buyer that in fact the box was exactly as described.

FedEx, Ebay & PayPal all worked together to quickly bury the changes, to deceive the "honest" Ebay seller into some sort of revenue uplift guaranteeing their grosely increased shipping charges. Money that passes through each of their hands straight from my bank, overdraft charges paid to the bank too, we can't leave them out of the picture. PayPal shows the Ebay bill, never itemized. Even on Ebay's seller website pages, this is buried behind a highlighted price. Who does that?

I hope I clarified the issue here. The click by click description I can give again. - Doug

Last edited: Jul 1, 2020