DON'T Miss This!!!

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by kc0ebm, Apr 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: QSOToday-1
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. KC2HJN

KC2HJN Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have a right to NOT be bombarded by this CRAP I see on TV every day.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

No, sorry, you do not have a right to not be offended.

You do not have a right to own a TV or radio. If you did, they would be free for the taking.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Amendment I (1791)

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or
    abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I don't see anything there like &quot;unless it offends someone&quot;, or &quot;so long as no one complains&quot;.

The first ammendment is not only for political speech. It is for unpopular speech. This can be political, religious, scientific, satirical, etc..., all of which people in Europe were persecuted for back before the revolution.

If TV or radio shows that you don't like have super high ratings, I'd say that the public has already spoken by watching and liking them. If the majority of the public, as some say, didn't like these shows the ratings wouldn't be so high.

Some can't see that it's the first step to suppression. By the way, do you know that police in Louisiana, Texas and Mississippi can now search for evidence in your home without a warrant?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Associated Press

NEW ORLEANS -- A federal appeals court has opened the door for police officers in Texas and two other states to search homes and buildings for evidence without a warrant -- a ruling that two dissenting judges called &quot;the road to hell.&quot; .......
    Any evidence discovered during that search now is admissible in court as long as the search is a &quot;cursory inspection,&quot; and if police entered the site for a legitimate law enforcement purpose and believed it may be dangerous.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

Think about that for a minute...If the cops think you may be doing something wrong, they can enter your home, arrest you, and/or collect evidence, all without a warrant. Welcome to the new America.

I know it's almost useless getting into this because some people will never stop, but there is a solution....

You know the old saying, &quot;America, love it or leave it !&quot;
    Another freedom you have is the freedom to leave.

2. W5BDJ

W5BDJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AB3BK @ Mar. 31 2004,23:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Soooo.... if some rich sicko wants to buy up all the &quot;morning cartoon&quot; airtime and teach kids how to have sex with animals, THIS IS OK WITH YOU. After all, he is doing what he thinks is OK. Why does anyone have the right to stop him!

You need to think about your statements a little. Maybe think about others. Some of us have children. THERE MUST BE A LINE!!!!

Dave[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    That's what parents are for. One of a parent's jobs is to oversee what their children watch on television. Are you saying that you would rather the government do that job for you? I wouldn't.

3. NZ3M

NZ3M XML Subscriber QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (w5bdj @ Mar. 31 2004,18:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AB3BK @ Mar. 31 2004,23:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Soooo.... if some rich sicko wants to buy up all the &quot;morning cartoon&quot; airtime and teach kids how to have sex with animals, THIS IS OK WITH YOU. After all, he is doing what he thinks is OK. Why does anyone have the right to stop him!

You need to think about your statements a little. Maybe think about others. Some of us have children. THERE MUST BE A LINE!!!!

Dave[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    That's what parents are for. One of a parent's jobs is to oversee what their children watch on television. Are you saying that you would rather the government do that job for you? I wouldn't.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
    So I guess it IS ok with some of you, which is very sad.

As far as parents raising kids, I agree. But let's be realistic. Should I put a blindfold on my children while the family is relaxing on a given evening. And only take it off when it's OK. You obviously do not have kids.

I certainly hope you are not questioning me personally about how I raise my children. I am very proud of my son. I started teaching him at 9 months of age with flash cards. He is now three, and is doing things that a first grader would do.

You are suggesting that I keep him away from all of this trash. You cannot do that when it is everywhere you look.

I am certainly not an angel, but I make a point to not offend others. If you are with your own kind, go for it. I see nothing wrong with people saying, or doing, whatever they want. Just don't do it in public. Non-pay TV and non-satellite radio is public.

Dave

4. KD4AMG

KD4AMG Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG] I do NOT mind the cops coming in my home or searching my vehicle, since they will NOT find any thing ( drugs, alcohol, etc ); that goes for the F C C too, no &quot; modified &quot; rigs, no amplifiers for any band ( especially cb ), in fact there are NO C B rigs in the shack or in the vehicle. So I have nothing to worry about, no guilty conscience, no problem with COPS looking for any thing, they will just be wasting their time here. Search all they want, no problem. [​IMG] PRAISE the LORD for the intelligence to keep and maintain a drug and alcohol free home &amp; vehicle. Of course, in one direction or another from my residence, there might be a good reason for the LAW ENFORCEMENT folks to look around and possibly find something, but not on this property. So feel free to use my words against me in a post further down this page or even a day or two later in another post; geez, wonder just WHO would do that ( like I dont already know ) !? ===PRAISE the LORD === ---ai4ep---

5. KC2HJN

KC2HJN Ham Member QRZ Page

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So feel free to use my words against me in a post further down this page or even a day or two later in another post; geez, wonder just WHO would do that ( like I dont already know ) !?[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I don't know but I'll bite.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I do NOT mind the cops coming in my home or searching my vehicle, since they will NOT find any thing ( drugs, alcohol, etc ); that goes for the F C C too, no &quot; modified &quot; rigs, no amplifiers for any band ( especially cb ), in fact there are NO C B rigs in the shack or in the vehicle. So I have nothing to worry about, no guilty conscience, no problem with COPS looking for any thing, they will just be wasting their time here.[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

I'm guessing your commenting on what I posted about the cops in those 3 states?

If so, I guess you would have no problem to me listening in on your phone calls and peeking in your window and watching you without you knowing. After all, your not doing anything wrong(in your view anyway). I should also be able to check out you financial statements, medical records and anything else I feel like since you claim you do nothing illegal.(as far as you know. There are so many laws in this country, it's almost impossible to never break ANY law)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">PRAISE the LORD for the intelligence to keep and maintain a drug and alcohol free home &amp; vehicle[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>

So, what your saying is that you decided to keep drugs and alcohol out of your home all by yourself? Without government intervention? Would you be happy(really) if they decided to come in &quot;just to make sure&quot; ?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Do not forget to write your anti-BPL letters,
    encourage new amateur radio participation and generally be nice
    to one another. That is all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.