ad: M2Ant-1

Don't like the new look

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by KC9SQR, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. W0BTU

W0BTU Ham Member QRZ Page

That's NOT what I see in IE 8.0 in Win7.
    Or FF, which I use 99.9999% of the time.

2. W4RLR

W4RLR Ham Member QRZ Page

Looks good so far.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  3. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

thanks for the control Key tip that helped! I notice we get spell check now cool!

4. 2E0OZI

2E0OZI Ham Member QRZ Page

KQ1V - thats exactly what I am seeing.

5. PA5COR

PA5COR Ham Member QRZ Page

XP-Pro, I.E. 8.0 working fine here.
    Windows 7.0 I.E. 8.0 also good
    ( Dual boot system laptop)

6. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

For info , I have a MacBook core dual running Firefox , everything seems to work fine .

7. AE1PT

AE1PT Ham Member QRZ Page

Let's put this to rest. The previous version of vBulletin was obsolete--by over a year. We will not be returning to it. There is no availability in vBulletin to "switch themes". Some elements of user generated pages can be customized--but on the overall site that is not the case. vBulletin is not phpBB.

There is no theme offered by vBulletin that resembles the old v3.x one. There are no third party themes available either. The current theme is being customized slightly to meet the general needs--but the basics must remain standardized so that the overall site can easily accept regular security and functionality updates.

So no, the old theme nor its lack of functionality will be returning. We are running the current version of vBulletin, and an industry standard for large boards. Time marches on.

8. KC9SQR

KC9SQR Ham Member QRZ Page

So the old one quit working??? Did it's lack of functionality stop working as well?

What are all these new features that are apparently needed, would things cease to function without them?
    I don't see any... That work anyways...

I fail to see what was wrong with things the way they were... It wasn't broken... sure is now though...

Will this new software balance my checkbook, tune my car up for me, add wattage to my radio... what?

Don't take me the wrong way here... I'm all for upgrades.... As long as what they are replacing is actually better.... I do like this place and the knowledge that this forum contains... But when there are changes made there are BOUND to be people that don't want them or like them...

It sure would've been nice to have a CHOICE in the matter... I never had a single issue or problem with the old version, worked flawlessly... Everything I ever clicked on worked... and worked well... Easy to find things, easy to read... Just plain easier...

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
  9. AE1PT

AE1PT Ham Member QRZ Page

It's about many things. As a supposed IT man you should know that.

It's here, it's staying. Subject closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.