Don't like the new look

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by KC9SQR, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

That may be the problem.

I would suggest downloading and using Firefox. This version of V Bulletin is more secure than the old and may not be backward compatible with browsers as old as yours. Firefox can also be equipped with great free features like spell check and ad block.

2. W0UZR

W0UZR Ham Member QRZ Page

Do you see up above the clock on the bottom right on the screen? Right above there in the window framework, do you see 100% written there? Click on that.

If you don't see a 100% in the bottom right, then hold down on the CTRL Button and spin the center wheel on the mouse and it might bring up the print that way.

3. KC9SQR

KC9SQR Ham Member QRZ Page

As an IT guy I'd suggest not using Winblows 7 as an example, I have yet to see anything work correctly on it.... XP would be a better reference :) XP actually functions as advertised... Although 7 has been a GREAT money maker for me (selling victims of 7 a copy of XP ROFL) it just flat out doesn't work as it should... I can't even begin to tell you how many people buy this new system with what the lying commission driven salesmen told them was the lastest and greatest operating system ever... Only to get home and find out ALL of their games and software wont run.... (Please don't take me bashing 7 too seriously)

I really hope that there will eventually be an old layout option... Maybe a number of us don't care about these new "features" and we just want to use the forum for what we have been using it for since we joined... There is a great wealth of information on here, its unfortunate that its difficult to read now, not to mention the lost time spent finding things that were real easy to find before...

Those of us that don't like (or don't want) these changes can only hope...

Will
    KC9SQR

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  4. K4ZOT

K4ZOT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks, that did help. But, why the lighter black text - why not darker text so us Olde Timers can read it. It's hard on the olde eyes after a while. Please make the light blue/gray text a darker color - again easier to read.

Thanks,

Glenn

5. K4ZOT

K4ZOT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

OK, thanks. Just try to darken the posting text - that would be a huge help to us Olde Timers.

Glenn

6. WA4TM

WA4TM Ham Member QRZ Page

That is what I was wondering... missingteeth.gif

7. AE1PT

AE1PT Ham Member QRZ Page

The font size has been increased (as you now see!), and the pale blue text body changed to white for better visibility. A dark grey separator bar is now in place which better divides and increases overall page contrast. The old high visibility smilie set is coming back in soon as well.

Things are moving along...

8. 2E0OZI

2E0OZI Ham Member QRZ Page

I did the whats News and New Posts search one time and it came out great! Next time - back to huge spaced out thing. :-( Oh well I can live with it and this 10 mile long typing window........

9. KC9SQR

KC9SQR Ham Member QRZ Page

So will there eventually be a choice of themes? I'd be happy with the old one without all these new features... I for one was happy with the way it was... And apparently I'm not alone...

10. AB8MA

AB8MA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

This is what I see also, using IE 7.0

[​IMG]

Firefox works fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.