Don't like the new look

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by KC9SQR, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-2
  1. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

As did another very popular forum I am part of. They changed to this layout a few weeks ago due to repeated hacker attacks. The fourm, Mike Holt, is to electricians, inspectors and engineers is what QRZ is to hams.

Like here, there were many complaints about the readability of the new layout. So far, no changes have been made so it looks just like this one now.

2. N0WYO

N0WYO XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I guess we'll just have to borrow them from somewhere else...

1-3385551-4364-t.jpg

3. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Which is why I plan on holding off on my short list of issues.
    I fixed the major one this morning simply by following the directions. :D

4. 2E0OZI

2E0OZI Ham Member QRZ Page

Only problem I have is a "New Posts" search lists them vertically (if you know what I mean). About 2 per page. Bizzare.

5. AE1PT

AE1PT Ham Member QRZ Page

Why search? Just click on the "What's New" button in the main menu bar and you have it!

Once you have done that, the sub menu will give you the chance to do the same thing with all new blog posts--and new ARTICLES when that feature is brought online!

6. 2E0OZI

Even Whats New still does it Patrick! It may be related to the fact that as I am typing this now the width of the "page" seems to be about 10 feet! I could type forever and ever and not get a text wrap. To hit the "post" button I have to move the bottom left slider all the way to the right to even find the post button!

7. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

It works fine for me.

What browser and operating system are you using?

8. W0UZR

W0UZR Ham Member QRZ Page

I mentioned that in another post on the other thread. I have to have my reading glasses on and stick my nose almost on the screen with this format. But I'm figuring that they aren't done yet with all the details and the fonts will get back to normal. They just got done with getting anything going on it at all, and the default fonts and other things are still not adjusted yet.

9. 2E0OZI

Hi Mark its XP and Explorer, not the latest version of explorer though. Probably 6-7 years old.

10. W0BTU

W0BTU Ham Member QRZ Page

Probably full of security holes! I suggest you upgrade ASAP.

Do you ever run Windows Update?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.