Don't like the new look

Discussion in 'Community Help Center' started by KC9SQR, Jan 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
  1. KC9SQR

KC9SQR Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello, I do not like the new look, and would like to switch back to the old layout/skin... Anyone know where in the user control panel I can change this back?

Will
    KC9SQR

2. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Will, the forum software has only been online for a couple of hours. It's being updated as we speak. Hang tight until it's finalized then we can address other issues.

..........Bob

3. AE1PT

AE1PT Ham Member QRZ Page

Will, the old vB 3.x.x theme no longer exists in version 4. There are many changes of layout and enhancements that are not supported within that theme--and one of the primary transitions in any major version update are changes in the GUI (graphical user interface) over previous versions. It is simply not possible to offer the previous GUI--nor is it possible to enable custom theme layouts other than how the threaded information is presented.

Apologies for your dislike of the new version, but time and software marches on.

4. KT7DAD

KT7DAD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Here we go.......

Marching_bandAnimated.gif

5. KC9SQR

KC9SQR Ham Member QRZ Page

Great... I get stuck with an "upgrade" that I want no part of... :(

Well, it's been fun... But I don't think I'm gonna be visiting much anymore... :(

6. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

Change is the only constant in the universe .
    6 mths. since & 18 posts , imagine what kind of issues those that have been here a while , well if anybody has been here for long , they probably saw changes also .
    I'll wait till I've had a chance to see what is going on , so I know what to complain about .
    Not really trying to stir the pot , too late .
    Where's Tom & his short stick ? :}
    OK now I'm all worked up , where are my easy smiles ?

7. K6TEP

K6TEP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The upgrade is (as far as I can see) needed to bring the site into the current millennium and enable new features. I am neutral on the new look, but to be honest, I don't care what it looks like. I'm here for the high-quality content, and to learn about amateur radio. A few color changes aren't going to chase me away!

8. K4ZOT

K4ZOT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Sorry, but the new look is definitely more difficult to read. The text contrasts are not as good as the old version. This is important for us Old Timers with old eyes. I would really like a switch to use the old version - much easier on the old eyes.

Thanks,

Glenn

9. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

If you are using Windows, you can set fonts, contrasts, etc to almost what-ever you like.

........Bob

10. AB9YP

AB9YP Ham Member QRZ Page

Hold down Control Key and roll your mouse button to increase or decrease the font size of a web site. I think the old version was a little more user friendly, but part of that is just getting familiar.

It is hard when you have to upgrade to maintain current. We just switched to Word 2007 from Word 2003 at work and I hate it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.