ad: Radclub22-1

Don't forget June VHF Contest

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by K6RXI, Jun 8, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. K6RXI

K6RXI QRZ Member QRZ Page

It starts tomorrow 9th - 11th / starts 1800 utc

50mhz and 144mhz and above , 73

2. W4POT

W4POT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

K6RXI likes this.
  3. K5VZD

K5VZD Ham Member QRZ Page

looking forward to it here..

4. WA4ILH

WA4ILH Subscriber QRZ Page

6 meters is completely dead at 1824 Z in S. Texas (EL09) . I even put out a couple of CQs on 50.125 MHz Nada
    WA4ILH

5. W8AAZ

W8AAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I am not officially contesting, but FINALLY some serious SSB on 6 instead of all FT8 activity! Worked some nice DX with just a half wave loopty antenna. Some see dub for those of you that like the hi speed stuff.

6. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah but the logging software needs something entered into the signal report box. lol

I am still looking for more contacts on VHF now. 144.200

7. W4POT

W4POT Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

6m was dead to my radio while I was out roving in EL99 and EL98 today. I hope others had better luck.

8. K6CLS

K6CLS Ham Member QRZ Page

I ran all FM, 5 bands 2m to 23cm. 57 QSOs and 9 mults, score 513. Not great but I had a lot of fun, casual operating.

I just didn't have the energy to set up yagis and amps and all mode xcvrs. Maybe in September.

K6RXI likes this.
  9. K6RXI

had quite a bit of fun yesterday evening ,lots of grids and friends I had worked in the past , GA. NC. SC. TN. KY. LA. TX . / just a few to mention . It may have not been a Big opening , but better than not having a opening at all .
    Lets Keep 50 MHZ alive & going ........ 73 to all, Todd

10. N2SUB

N2SUB Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yesterday afternoon 6m was wide open. I made contacts on FT8, CW and SSB. From EM84 (SC) I made contacts with SD, CO, ME, NH, TX, NY, TN, VA to name a few....don't have my log in front of me. No DX though. I was using a combination of a 40m windom and a 15m Ham Stick mounted on a fence for antennas. :)

11. K6RXI

GOOD DEAL :)

12. WA3GWK

WA3GWK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Lots of activity on 6m SSB from my QTH here on the Alabama gulf coast when the band was open, which it was a good bit of the time. Looks like the ops out west were mostly shut out of any E's this weekend. The furthest west I worked was New Mexico.

13. K9LY

K9LY Ham Member QRZ Page

Ran 6 meters only: IC-706Mk2G set to 40W into a half-wave dipole on 2nd floor condo balcony. Worked only a few locals on Saturday, but Sunday was much better. Ended up with 40 QSOs and 21 grids. "Magic band", indeed!

-Joe K9LY