Don't Be That Guy

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by VK4HAT, Feb 22, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. VK4HAT

VK4HAT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Ok, dont take this post seriously. But in every crowd there is always that one guy. Don't be that guy LOL. I dont mind when I am calling CQ NA replying to others. So i always have a giggle when a JA replies to my CQ NA calls ;)

I still need like 25 states for WAS. This will end up being a life times work HAHAHAHA

don_be_that_guy.jpg

NL7W and KC8VWM like this.
  2. K4PP

K4PP Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree. It's hard operating DX specific, or contest, and be able to realize there is an opening for someone, and that station wants to jump in and take advantage of it, DX, mobile, qrp, new antenna, etc.. It is a skill, and one of those things that really defines top operators. So you did well. Although I am not sure why it is funny?

K4PP

3. W2JKT

W2JKT Ham Member QRZ Page

Try to understand that a lot of people just click on any green bar that comes up without really reading it, because you have only a second or two to take in all of the information that scrolls by before making a decision. But yeah I've hit "Halt Tx" plenty of times after realizing I started responding to someone who was looking for something else :)

W2VW, N9CAV, K3KIC and 2 others like this.
  4. K3KIC

K3KIC Ham Member QRZ Page

Same here.

N9CAV likes this.
  5. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe he just doesn't have the "DX codes" written into his robot yet? ;)

6. KD4IEM

KD4IEM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

On the flip side I call CQ DX and get USA stations, but it only takes a minute of my time so I give in. ;):D

7. K3KIC

K3KIC Ham Member QRZ Page

If the other guy wrote his bot correctly he wouldn't respond to your bot's response.

On the other hand with propagation so poor maybe he thinks two states away is now DX?

VK4HAT likes this.
  8. KK5JY

KK5JY Ham Member QRZ Page

;)
    Aw, it's not that bad...

K3KIC likes this.
  9. KY5U

KY5U Subscriber QRZ Page

Bad Engrish skills? Heard a guy who's call at the time was AB5(XX) trying to exchange calls with a Japanese station and the Japanese guy was trying to get the call and saying "again, again". after 3 tries of Albha Bravo the US ham finally blurted out "AB...Atom Bomb..Atom Bomb.... Boom Boom!"

ND6M and VK4HAT like this.
  10. NL7W

NL7W Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Found the same thing op'ing from Alaska! There's a prop pipeline between JA and Alaska... much more so than the Lower-48 states. :eek:

I wish that I had a selective "JA Filter" at times! :D