ad: Alphaant-1

Donald C. Null, W1FDK SK August 27, 2015

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K2HAT, Sep 4, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
  1. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Donald C. Null, W1FDK SK

SK August 27, 2015

[​IMG]

Donald Null died peacefully at home on Thursday, August 27, 2015.
    He is survived by Wanda, his wife of fifty years, his daughters and their husbands: Laara & Kieran Ayre of Randolph, NJ and Karen & Ken Iwamoto, of Bolton, MA. He also leaves three grandchildren: Meghan and Caitlin Ayre and Grant Iwamoto, and was looking forward to the arrival of his fourth grandchild. He was the son of Milton and Mary Null and is survived by his siblings Gloria Veneklausen of MI, Milton Null Jr. of IN and his twin brother Ronald Null of FL. Don was predeceased by his sisters, Berdine Gertz and Delores Yeakey, and his brother Paul Null.

Don was born in 1943 and lived in Elkhart, Indiana until he left home to attend Purdue University, graduating in 1967 with a degree in Electrical Engineering. He came to Massachusetts in 1967 to work for Missile Systems Division of Raytheon Corporation, retiring as Senior Engineer in 1999. In his career at Raytheon he had numerous field assignments at Eglin Air Force Base (FL), White Sands Testing Grounds (NM), and Huntsville (AL) among other locations.

A ham radio operator (W1FDK) since his teen years, he had a lifelong interest in electronics, constantly designing, building and testing his own equipment. From 1970-1990, Don was a member of Minuteman Power Squadron, sailing his 23 sloop moored in Marblehead. After retirement, he & Wanda traveled extensively throughout the United States and abroad; the favorite trip was to Australia and the cruise to New Zealand.

In lieu of flowers the family requests donations be made in his memory to the America , 30 Speen Street, Framingham, MA. 01701. Calling hours at Acton Funeral Home, 470 Massachusetts Avenue (Rte 111) Acton will be Friday, September 11, 4-7 p.m. A Memorial Service will be held at First Parish Church in Stow, 353 Great Road, Stow, MA on Saturday, September 12 at 3 p.m.

Memorial page www.actonfuneralhome.com
    Published in The Boxborough Beacon from Sept. 3 to Sept. 11, 2015 - See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/wi...&pid=175736302&fhid=6737#sthash.n9WdVqtA.dpuf

2. W5CSM

W5CSM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Rest Well Uncle Don - Your Nephew, Dave W5CSM

W7UUU likes this.
  3. WM1X

WM1X Ham Member QRZ Page

I worked with Don at Raytheon MSD in the late 80's. We spent quite a bit of time at WSMR as well. He was a great guy to work with.
    RIP and 73 de Bill WM1X

W7UUU likes this.
  4. W5CSM

W5CSM XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thanks for the comment, Funny Uncle Don and I chatted years ago about the WSMR Facility. I also worked in the 901 Complex, where you both likely worked. I was with SAIC on the Future Combat Systems and Brigade Combat Team Modernization Projects. 2009-2012ish.

Dave - W5CSM

5. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

HI DAVE,

PLEASE ACCEPT OUR CONDOLENCES.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR "all expenses paid DXpedition to Iraq".

I SALUTE YOU FOR YOUR OUTSTANDING SERVICE.

RESPECTFULLY,

W5CSM likes this.