Does your club have a "club station"?

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio Clubs' started by N7NIT, Sep 30, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
  1. N7NIT

N7NIT Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm curious to know if any folks on QRZ who belong to amateur radio clubs would let us know if their club has a
    "club station". Anyone?
    (Mine does not. Yet.)

2. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Absolutely!! Here in Tacoma, WA....

www.W7DK.org

I'm the Prez - we have a 103 year old club with our own clubhouse, and a great multi-position station

K3 position, Flex position, VHF/UHF position, and our W7OS museum station positions

You do NOT NEED TO BE A MEMBER to join us!!!

We're a very welcoming club..... :)

Dave
    W7UUU

Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  3. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yep, KL7EX.....the North Pole Amateur Radio Experimenter's Club

4. WR3Y

WR3Y XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi Dave,
    Any plans to remote the Club stations for members?

tu 73
    Rob
    WR3Y

5. NX1Q

NX1Q Ham Member QRZ Page

Our Youth Club does. K1YAH....but it's portable in my trunk 24/7 for POTA and such :)

6. KU4X

KU4X Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Isn't the clubhouse at the old HAARP site? :D

Regards,
    -Bruce

7. W5LZ

W5LZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Yes, the local club does have a station. "W5CUQ"

8. W7UUU

W7UUU Super Moderator Lifetime Member 133 Administrator Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

We do have remote capability and I suspect a couple of members use it - the guys that pretty much run the club's HF operations. But it's not something that we (at least at this time) make available to the general membership.

Our main HF station is listed here: https://w7dk.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=66&Itemid=116

Our W7OS Museum Station is listed here: https://w7dk.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=111&Itemid=116

We are very fortunate to have such an awesome clubhouse, that we own outright. And I'm honored to be President of such a great organization, on my second term.

If anyone seeing this is ever in Tacoma over a weekend, we have an open house every Saturday from 10 to 2, with the last Saturday of the month being our Swapmeet day where members sell off their gear, and our Property Management Team sells off donations - sometimes we have some pretty amazing rigs and bits come through at really good prices. Starting at 11:30 on that last Saturday, our Chuckwagon Master Paul W7PFU comes in to whip up chili dogs for anyone who wants one (just for a donation if you can afford it). ALL are welcome - you do not need to be a member of www.W7DK.org to attend our open house events.

OK - I've done my duty plugging our club enough for this morning :)

Dave
    W7UUU