ad: cq2k-1

Does The Echolink still work ??

Discussion in 'QRZ Site Community Help Center' started by N5IBM, Jan 2, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. N5IBM

N5IBM Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello gang,

I have tried using Echolink and it does not respond through my smart phone app.

Does anyone know the fix to use Echolink ?

Thank you,

Russell - N5IBM

2. G8FXC

G8FXC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I don't know how it's going on your side of the pond. Over hear, Echolink is largely being replaced by AllStar (https://www.allstarlink.org/). The two are similar and AllStar seems to be largely upwards compatible with EchoLink but with significantly greater capabilities. In a thread similar to this one, I described AllStar as an evolutionary development of EchoLink and seriously annoyed the AllStar advocates who told me in no uncertain way that there was no such ancestry - check it out and come to your own conclusions...

Martin (G8FXC)

3. UT7UX

UT7UX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Just tried *ECHOTEST* with phone app: success. I used Public Proxy to connect as my cell provider has its NAT (my IP address is so called 'grey' i.e. is inaccessible from the outside) thus I'm unable to do port routing/triggering for direct connection.

Echolink was huge breakthrough but later degenerated to another internet-chat. It is not possible to fix that. More recent Digital Voice modes like DMR are on the same way of degeneration to another internet-chat and it doesn't seem possible to fix that.

4. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

That is normally the problem.

I setup my own Proxy using Java -jar EchoLinkProxy.jar. Available on the Echolink website.
    To me, Echolink sounds a lot better than DMR.

M1CIZ and UT7UX like this.
  5. WB2LBV

WB2LBV Subscriber QRZ Page

M1CIZ likes this.