Does it really work?

Discussion in 'Antennas, Feedlines, Towers & Rotors' started by KL7AJ, Sep 23, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
  1. AK5B

AK5B Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm curious as to your chosen hurling method; while I am aware of the dangers in using spud guns I've heard that you can pack dozens and dozens of laudable epithets in one load.

Bang! Zoom! "Aaargh!"

Quick, powerful and overwhelmingly en masse effective (or so I am led to believe by the advertising).

On the other hand, Shakespeare's (Medieval) Epithet Launching Method is a tried-and-true procedure that you might want to consider if you wish to launch them singly; it involves a simple bow and arrow and traditionally, only one epithet per arrow is allowed. A possible benefit of this ancient method is being able to note the effects of each epithet upon the wire target in real time. So, just like the brute force spud gun, sometimes all it takes is one carefully launched shot to fully insult one's wire.

N0TZU likes this.
  2. N4MU

N4MU Ham Member QRZ Page

3. N4MU

N4MU Ham Member QRZ Page

Eric! STOP IMMEDIATELY! Do NOT make any more insults until after the elections! We will have all we can handle until then! Especially today...please wait until after the [so called] debate tonight...and the election results. Then all of us can insult to our desires!

4. K6GBW

K6GBW Ham Member QRZ Page

Oi Vey!

5. WB2JIX

WB2JIX XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I insulted my wife ONCE!

6. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Here is my complete study on the matter

Attached Files:

AK5B, N0TZU and KB1CKT like this.
  7. K6GB

K6GB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I myself have found that Yiddish, Arabic and Russian are very useful in the production of insulted wire.

8. AK5B

AK5B Ham Member QRZ Page

Perhaps, but Drunken Sailor's English is generally my go-to tongue for use on a great number of inanimate objects besides wire. Trouble is, I might as well be talking to or insulting the wall for all the difference, if any, that it makes most of the time (even under controlled conditions monitored with a time-domain infra-red reflectometer sensitive to bad vibes within a 50-meter radius)

Reminds me; If anyone knows where I might find a lab-grade wire insultometer (preferably with a full set of multilingual calibration charts) please message me, I know someone who knows someone that might be interested if the price is reasonable.

Jeff

9. K6GB

K6GB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

As my youngest was in the Navy for 9+ years Drunken Sailors English can be very effective invective.

10. N5TJD

N5TJD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I insult wires every day, I am an electrician. :D

AK5B likes this.