Does anyone know?

Discussion in 'General Technical Questions and Answers' started by KL7AJ, Oct 6, 2019.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
  1. W9WQA

W9WQA Ham Member QRZ Page

actually multiples dont fall out!!
    oops some do,some dont...

2. N7EKU

N7EKU Ham Member QRZ Page

3. VK6ZGO

VK6ZGO Ham Member QRZ Page

I have some 100 "& a bit" xtals, which were all part of a sideband filter from a commercial ISB transmitter.
    They are in an octal tube package.

Unfortunately, the one xtal that was "spot on" 100KHz has vanished.

Years ago, I made up a solid state marker oscillator built scross the pins of an octal socket with that one in it-- the socket & osc has vanished, too!

4. KL7AJ

KL7AJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Needless to say, the aliens wanted it back.

5. N4MU

N4MU Ham Member QRZ Page

It's from an MFJ 100Kc calibrator. They didn't last very long on the market though.

KA5RIO likes this.
  6. N4EYZ

N4EYZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess he's phoning home. I wish they'd come get him.

7. KL7AJ

Well, I have my 120 kc oscillator oscillating. I used a grounded base 2n2222 configuration which provides both low source and low load impedance, which makes sure the rock oscillates in the series resonant mode. I don't have a clue what to do with this thing, but the crystal is now happy, and fulfilling its destiny, I suppose.

8. KL7AJ

Just after I got finished, I ran across this circuit. I do have another 100kc rock I can use to build this. And a bunch of lonely CMOS chips.

Attached Files:

9. KL7AJ

The CD 4017 is 53 cents from Digikey. I have a few of these lying around, but I should order up a stash...these are really handy chips.

10. KL7AJ

By the way, I do have a vast collection of FT-243s, many of which are outside the ham bands...but can be re-ground. Let me know if you need one...or two....or twenty.

Eric