ad: cq2k-1

Does anyone know who made this Beam Antenna???

Discussion in 'Ham Radio Discussions' started by NO9B, Jul 30, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: FBNews-1
  1. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

But...but...you could drive two miles and be at the Stone Pony, watch Springsteen and the E-Street band or Southside Johnny and the Jukes play for free at one time.:)

I lived only a few miles from Telrex in the early-to-mid 80s, but by the time I moved away in '88 they were almost gone.

2. WA2CWA

WA2CWA Ham Member QRZ Page

Or you could just run down Rt 35 to Pete and Elda's Pizzeria and have one of their famous thin crust pizzas or just head to the Headliner a little further South.

3. WA2CWA

I checked manual for the rotator and it is chain driven. Their catalogs just show one model.

Now the building houses a furniture store and something else down the other end of the building.

WR2E likes this.
  4. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

They hadn't even cut their first album yet! At least it wasn't released yet. This was 1971 or 1972 era.

You were in West Long Branch as I recall.

5. WR2E

WR2E Ham Member QRZ Page

Not as good as they were, what is? Still good, but not 'special' good anymore.

Not many people regarded "The Brothers" in Red Bank as top class but they had an equally good thin crust and their Mussels Marinara were outstanding.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.

6. WA2CWA

Southside Johnny just recently played the Monmouth Park Racetrack parking lot. Huge crowd.
    They have several other outside concerts coming up: https://www.southsidejohnny.com/

7. WA2CWA

When I worked at the Labs in Holmdel, a bunch of us would go down to "The Brothers" for lunch on a regular basis or if there was some special occasion like finally meeting a schedule date :).

WR2E likes this.
  8. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Yes, I was, only for about 3-1/2 years, then moved to CA. But I'd lived other places in NJ before that.

I became really familiar with the Jersey Shore as a kid because my grandmother lived right on Ocean Avenue in Bradley Beach, directly across the street from the ocean, and I'd spend a week or two at a time living at her place in the summer. Got to know the good and the bad, and the crazy rules that varied town to town. Ocean Grove used to be "closed" every Sunday, even to car traffic. Nutty.

My favorite beaches, though, were at Island Beach State Park, a bit farther south. Clean, with sand dunes. That was a long time ago and I don't know what it's like today.